Red Hills

It's a cold, dark October night and the moon above is shining ever so bright. The fog is rolling thick up in the Red Hills of Dundee. Deep in the woods of the hills a loud, spine tingling howl scares off a small pack of coyotes. Then all is silent. "Get him, boy!" A woman shouts. A man runs swiftly through the forest, breathing very heavily. His feet trample through the thick forest floor of ivy, stinging nettle, ferns, twigs, broken branches, and jumps over a few logs. His face and hands are scraped and irritated, and his clothes - black t-shirt and deep blue jeans - are torn and stained in shades of green and brown from all the slips and falls.

He gets to a nearby creek and trips over a fallen branch. He stumbles and hops to the other side, falls over again, and does a face plant in the mud. A feminine dark figure with a large rope comes out from the brush. She walks over to the man, who gets up from the mud and turns to her with such a horrified expression. The woman stands six feet and five inches. The man throws a fist at her, which is quickly foiled by the blockage of her right hand. She immediately pulls him into a headlock grapple and covers his mouth with a damp cloth, holding it there very firmly. His struggle becomes weak and powerless, making him absolutely helpless. The woman hogties the man and whistles long and loudly, summoning a large, hideous looking creature. A werewolf. The wolf opens its jaws and closes it around the knotted rope behind the man's back. The woman takes his shoes and socks off. She takes the laces out of the shoes and unravels his socks. She is a scavenger, a resourceful one. She hasn't yet made a plan for what she's going to do with the material, or the man's body, so she's taking him and the material home with her. With the absence of color in her apparel and the lack of light shining through the trees, the woman remains unidentified.

She whispers into the wolf's ear, something very demanding. The wolf runs off with the man's body, back into the darkness of the woods, away from the moonlight. The woman's ass starts to sing, "Fuck Your Shit Up" by Jumbo Shrimp. Yeah, her ass isn't literally singing. Her cell phone is going off in her back pocket. She picks it up. It's her friend, Sandee.

"Heey! What up Sandee? How's it hangin'?"

"It's hangin' alright." A man groans in the background, soft whimpering follows. "How's your rundown coming along? Catch anything?"

"Well it started out pretty lame, just a bunch of squirrels and birds passing through, and then some coyotes. So I decided to just hike for a while, see what I stumble upon, you know? And then, the darnest thing happened. I came across a little man who was so preoccupied collecting mushrooms that I took him by surprise. He was a quick one, but I caught him. He's kind of cute, with his baldhead and big bushy red beard. He reminds me a lot of a leprechaun. Think I'm going to name him Paddy."

"Good for you sister! I can't wait to see him! Does he talk?"

"Not as far as I can tell, he's a silent one, but he did put up a little fight. Piece of cake though."

"You should text me when you return home, I have something to show you, after you cage your new pet."

"Will do, slap ya later."

"Always."

Beeep, end of call.