Croc

"CROCODILE ALERT : NO SWIMMING", the board read. It looked freshly made and reeked of cheap paint. It stood on the bank of that vast green lake. The two rangers  who planted it, stood admiring their work, double checking for any tilts or other aberrations.

"I hope this works" said one to the other.

"Strange, they thought of a warning board only after 4 incidents"

"There were boards. But those disappeared. "

"Vandals! Shouldn't there be a guard here?"

"Just one guard for the whole reserve. He must be doing his routine rounds now."

"We should post a regular guard for the lake"

They talked as they walked away from the scene.

Moments later a man in guard uniform came by.  He paused in front of the green lake, as if to catch breath. He was sweating from all pores due to the long walk under the harsh sun. What would you want if you are in such a situation? A dip in cold water, right? He stripped in an instant,  placing  his clothes in an untidy heap under the board. Beads of sweat twinkled on his body.

Then scales began forming on his skin and the tail grew out of his back side - heavy and spiky. In one quick movement, he grabbed the board with his mouth - which had now  become pretty much crocodily - and swam into the water.