~Chapter One~

|Cassandra|

"A que no me atrapas!" I yelled.

"Cass get down from there!" Lucas exclaimed.

"Make me you punk"

"Last time you were on a tree you broke your leg"

"So? Doesn't mean I will break it again"

"Get down menza"

"Ugh fine, just cause you're annoying"

I got down from the tree with a swift jump and Lucas just looked at me with his arms crossed like my mom did when I forgot to clean my room.
Lucas and I went wayyy back. All the way back to the year where kids actually went outside. Since we were about 4 years old to be exact. We met at a soccer camp cause ya know, we're basic Mexicans. We got assigned as partners and have been inseparable since then. We always had each other's backs and were always there for each other. He was an amazing guy to have around.                  

"What?" I asked.

"You're lucky I didn't hit you as soon as you got down. You could have broken something!"

"Lucas, when did you turn into my mom?"

"Oh haha very funny Cass"

"Are you feeling okay?"

"I'm completely fine"

"Okay okay I'll stop. You wanna go get some ice cream? It's still pretty early, we can get home on time"

"Alright lets go"

We got on our bikes and headed to the ice cream shop. Lucas was always down for ice cream. He had a sweet tooth and couldn't help it. I knew my way around him.

  |Lucas|

I hated Cassandra sometimes but never said it cause I know I didn't mean it. I always wonder why Cass was still single. She was smart, athletic, pretty, and an amazing person as a whole. What guy didn't like a tan girl who was bilingual with green eyes and long brown hair? Okay maybe she was not liked by many because she was pretty tomboyish. And got into plenty of trouble. And she was rude to many. But that doesn't mean that she is unlovable. Also, people always thought Cassandra and me were siblings cause we had the same skin complexion and brown hair, and I also had green eyes. But aside from that we didn't look anything alike. I don't know why people asked if we were related but nope! It ain't like that.  We arrived at the shop and waited in line to get our ice cream.

"What are you going to get?" I asked.

"The same one as always, the mangoneada"

"Don't you get bored of that one? You always get it"

"And you always get la de nuez pero I don't judge do I"

"Okay okay, fair enough"

  We soon got our ice cream and sat down on the curb outside.

"You ready to go back to school tomorrow?" I questioned.

"I mean, a three day weekend is a small vacation so not really"

"True true, isn't it hard to believe that we graduate in a couple of months?"

"I know dude, shocking"

"Yea, hey Cass"

"Hm?

"You going to prom?"

"Eh I don't know, if a charming boy asks me then I'll go but if not, then looks like another night with Netflix and food"

"No chingues, you should go! You never leave your house!"