How Fast Can You Recover? (Chapter 1)

Amy! You have to live! Get up! 

Amy there are mages who love you...don't let them experience this pain. 

A voice spins inside Amy's head. Clearing her mind of all other thoughts, nothing coming in or out.

The voice saying Amy gives her a warm, loving feeling. She recognizes the voice and it comforts her. Spiraling in the darkness of her unconsciousness, the voice drains away to a simple whisper in the back of her mind.

"Focus on your Order. I can not stand to see more of my children getting hurt alright? I am with Amy so please, do not get hurt," Ku's voice floats into Amy's ears. He seems to be talking on the phone.

A sudden pain overtakes Amy's senses again and she groans in pain. Tears fall out of her closed, scrunched up eyes. Her hands gripping anything they could.

"Amy! Hang in there, you are so close to getting rid of it all," Ku's reassuring voice floods Amy and she calms down slightly.

Stay strong Amy...I know you can do it.

Ku finds himself crying. Now blaming himself even more. He holds one of Amy's fidgeting hands and clamps it with his hands.

You can't join me Amy, you need to live!

"I am truly sorry..." Ku holds the phone close to Amy's ear, the call on speaker.

"Amy! If you die I will find your dead body and kill you again!"

"Don't you dare die on us! You're a killer mage, no Dark Matter can take you down!"

"If you die we're never gonna forgive you! You can't quit like that!"

"You're stronger than that Dark Matter, four against one? You've got it in the bag! Besides, we need you!"

"Amy, get up!" A chorus of voices plead through the phone. Ku looks away, sniffing in hope it would stop the tears.

"You can not give up...Amy, it is just for another few moments...you can do it..." Ku says gently.

See Amy? This is no time to make them suffer!

The fairy starts to recall random memories from her life. A smile dances on her lips, and her fidgeting hands calm down.

"Amy..?" Ku looks hopeful.

"Sensei...remember that time you saved us from that mage? All those years ago..." Amy whispers lightly, her eyes opening lightly. "Took us to a cave..."

"I do..!" Ku chuckles and starts to cry tears of joy. "I do remember! I am so glad you are okay!" The solid black gone from her face.

"You really thought I was gonna die?" Amy raises her hand up to pat Ku's hand. She places her hand gently on his and smiles lightly.

"Are you seriously asking this right now? Of course I thought so! Do you know how much Dark Matter entered your body?!" Ku looks shocked.

"Haha, right before you went to Vada...you told me you believe that I would pull through," Amy looks up at the ceiling.

"I did...I really did not think I would though...but I was stupid enough to let you face four Dark Matter users alone..." the guilt comes back to Ku like a wave.

"Hey, I did it didn't I? Also, you losers better learn that I won't die so easily!" Amy laughs into the phone.

A series of relief and annoyance flood from the phone. Amy laughs as Ku rolls his eyes.

"Go do your Order," Ku ends the call with a laugh.

"What happened with the Elemental Masters?" Amy asks, worry on her face.