Some Calculations Later...(Chapter 13)

The Hlynkas exit the Magic Council's building, letting out a sigh in relief.

"Meetings were never my thing," Quill stops her body from reacting to her nervousness.

"It wasn't that bad, we only talked about how Wysteria would affect us and if we wanted to deal with her...and some precautions we should take because she wants to kill us..." Red's voice trails off.

"And how she's sent some of her goons to the Nobit's world somehow. She must've manipulated a portal into opening or something...but that's a lot of energy..." Scott drifts into his thoughts. "Like the Queen of Te-" he couldn't bring himself to finish the title.

"Now don't drift away into your thoughts," Red ruffles Scott's hair. "Let's get home and then you can."

"It feels less like home though...three mages gone, that's half of our houses' population!" Quill pouts, crossing her arms.

"I know right..." Red shares the sadness. "But we gotta do what we gotta do. For now, that's keep the fort strong."

"We really need to, Wysteria could be trying to get more information on us since it's been a few years," Scott reminds them.

"Yeah, that's not really something anyone wants to hear...but Bad Central shouldn't have any information on us..." Red's eyebrows knit together.

"What about the robot that was stolen from you when you were a kid? Do you think that robot's been gathering information on us or something?" Quill treads lightly, knowing that Scott found this subject a bit touchy.

"My first robot...it was stolen from whoever, I have no idea. But the robot shouldn't have any information on us," now it's Scott's turn to knit his eyebrow in confusion.

"Maybe it's time you find that robot? You've been looking for years, I know, but maybe that robot has some answers?" Red guesses.

"If I haven't found it all this time...whoever stole it must've taken off my signature on it," Scott huffs. "A bunch of jackasses. Who steals from an eight year old?!"

"The world is full of many different kinds of mages," Red sighs, shaking his head.

"At least they didn't steal us," Quill links arms with her brother with a bright smile.

"Don't even joke about things like that!" Scott cries out.

"I'm just saying, jeez," Quill rolls her eyes. "Don't be so uptight."

"Quill has a point and so does Scott," Red muses. "But you two can't ever leave me, I don't what I'd do without you two."

"We're not going anywhere," Scott and Quill promise. "So you better not."

"I'm not going anywhere either," Red smiles at his siblings, he didn't want them to deal with Wysteria yet again. Aster may have been Amy's mate but they managed to become an amazing brother and sister to them all...and Red didn't want to lose anyone else this time.

The laser eye mage finds himself wanting to keep from seeing tears on his siblings faces, he couldn't bear to watch them be sad yet again.

As if Scott understood, he smiles. A big, bright smile that makes it look like he has dimples. Quill follows, her smile radiating more positivity than Red could handle quietly.

"Are you sure you guys didn't gain telepathic abilities or something?" Red chuckles.

"Nah, you just had that look in your eyes," Quill grins.

"You always have that look when you're thinking about not wanting us to get hurt or anything like that," Scott clarifies.

"Ugh, you guys are amazing, let's get ice cream," Red's smile instantly turns brighter.