Chapter 1

Lane's P.O.V.

Hi, my name is Lane. I'm your average 16 yo. Let me tell you a little about myself. I'm one of the popular kids in school. I love music, singing, and hanging out with my friends, and I have stage fright. I live with my mom, its been me and her ever since my dad left when I was in 2nd grade. Nobody knows I can sing not even my friends, they only know that I love to listen to music. Anyway enough about me lets get on with the story.

"Lane honey wake up time to get ready for school." said mom. "Ok mom." I said getting out of bed. "So you know your 17th birthday is on Monday. Anything special you've been wanting?" said mom. "Well, there was this cool black leather jacket that I saw on Amazon." I said. "Did it say anything specific?" said mom. "Ok sweetie." said mom. "Hey mom, George and I wanted to go hang out at the mall after school, and try to find outfits for my birthday party, can I go?" I asked. "Sure, take your credit card with you." said mom. "Ok mom I will." I said. "Hurry up and get dress George will be here soon." said mom. "Ok mom." I said. "Ok I'll get out and let you get ready." said mom walking out of my bedroom. I get out of my bed and close the door. "What should I wear today? Oh I know." I said. I grabbed a shirt that says 'live life to the fullest' and ripped jeans with tights underneath. "Perfect." I said. I changed into my outfit and go to the kitchen.

"What do you want for breakfast Lane?" said mom. "I'll just get cereal." I said. "Ok. Hey how about you, George, and I go out for dinner when you 2 get home." said mom. "Sure." I said.

*KNOCK--KNOCK--KNOCK*

"I'll get it" said mom getting up. She goes to the door and opens it. "Hi George." said mom. "Hi." said George. George walks in and mom closes the door. "Hey George." I said. "George, when do your parents leave for Boston?" said mom. "They're leaving at 5:00. That gives them enough time to help me pack. Oh, and my mom told me to tell you she said thanks for letting me stay here while they're away on business." said George. "Its no trouble at all. Besides you are here every day to hang out with Lane." said mom. "Ready to go to school Lane?" said George. "Lets get it over with." I said.