Chapter 2

George's P.O.V.

*In George's car*

"George you know what?" said Lane. "What?" I said. "We've been best friends for officially 5 years tomorrow. But who's counting." said Lane. "You apparently." I said laughing. "I remember the day we met like it was just yesterday." said Lane.

------The day Lane & George met------

I was just minding my business playing basketball when I saw a girl sitting by herself writing something. I always saw her by herself. My friends told me that she didn't have any friends. I walk up to her because I can't take seeing her by herself anymore. "Hi." I said. "Hi." she said to where I could barely hear her. "What's your name?" I asked. "L-Lane." said Lane. "Hi Lane my name is George." I said. "Hi." said Lane. "I always see you by yourself. Why is that?" I said. "It's because I don't have any friends." said Lane. "Well now you have a friend. If you don't mind me asking why do you hang out by yourself and not try to make friends?" I said. "Because I have trouble making friends." said Lane. "So instead of trying to make friends you sit here by yourself writing in your notebook." I said. "Being here by myself is better than having friends and dealing with drama." said Lane. "True. Sometimes I just need to spend some time by myself. So I bring my basketball from home 2 times a week by myself." I said. "Oh ok." said Lane. "Do you know how to play basketball?" I asked. "Yes." said Lane. "Want to play basketball with me?" I asked. "Sure." said Lane.

------At school------

"What's the point in going to school. Nobody pays attention in class anyway." I said. "The nerds do." said Lane. "I mean nobody cool pays attention in class." I said. "I still don't know how I went from having no friends. To being one of the popular kids." said Lane. "Its because you met me." I said. "Come on lets go find the others." said Lane. "Ok." I said.

------At the lockers------

"It's about time you 2 got here." said Amy. "If it was up to me Lane and I wouldn't have showed up to school." I said. "If it was up to you then the both of us would be the toughest kids in school." said Lane. "What's wrong with that. Come on Lane you're too nice. It's time to start being bad." I said. "I'll think about it." said Lane. "Anyway, George how does it feel to be parents free?" said Jane. "I'm technically not parent free until I get to my house after school and pack." said George. "Oh ok." said Sally. "Hey who's that kid the guys are picking on?" I said. "I don't know." said Lane.