Chapter 4

Lane's P.O.V.

I walk back to the others. "Lane what the hell was that for?" said John. "Promise me you 2 won't pick on Michael anymore." I said. "Why?" said Henry. "Just promise me." I said. "Fine." said John and Henry in unison.

Ring--ring--ring

"Come on lets go to class guys." I said as we all walk head to English. "Lane, why did you tell the guys to stop picking on the new kid?" said George. "Because I know I've heard that name from somewhere." I said.

------In English------

"Ok class get out your journals and write your entries. Your topic is 'If you won the lottery what would you do with the money'. Or write about something else." said Mr. Williams.

Door opens

"Mr. Williams can I borrow my daughter for a minute please?" said mom. "Of course, go ahead Lane. Everyone else start writing your entries." said Mr. Williams. I walk outside the classroom with mom confused. "Mom what are you doing here, shouldn't you be at work?" I said. "Lane I have some bad news." said mom. "What is it?" I said. "Lane, you know how you and George were supposed to hang out with your aunt Susan tomorrow?" said mom. "Yes, why?" I said. "She had a heart attack, she's dead." said mom. "How do you know?" I said crying. "I went to see her. I was talking to her when she had a heart attack and fell to the ground. I checked her pulse and her heart wasn't beating. I called the ambulance and they already took care of her. I told them that I'd plan the funeral." said mom. "I can't believe she's gone." I said crying. "Do you want me to tell your friends to come out here?" said mom. "I guess." said mom. I can't believe she's gone. WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS!!! 2 minutes later after I wipes off my tears, mom walks out with my friends and see me sitting on the floor. "Lane your mom told us. Are you ok?" said Amy. "I'm fine." I said. "I have to go plan the funeral. Lane, George see you 2 at home." said mom walking away. "Lane, she's in a better place now." said Jane. The next this I knew I was said, "John, Henry do you still want to pick on Michael?" "Yes." said John. "Are you saying we can pick on him?" said Henry. "You 2 can pick on him, with my help." I said. "SWEET!" said John, and Henry. "Well, since she's ok I'm going back inside." said Amy. Amy, Jane, John, and Henry go back inside.

"Lane, you told John and Henry to not pick on Michael anymore. Now you're telling them they can, and your going to help them." said George. "I thought about what you said, about you wanting both of us to become the toughest kids in school." I said. "What's your answer?" said George. "Yes. I need to stop being a good girl and start being bad." I said. "If that's what you want." said George.