Chapter 2: Toshi, you evil bastard!

A/N: I just want to say that updates are going to be pretty inconsistant, but i'm going to do my best to update at  least once a week. If I miss a week, I'm going to try and give you guys a extra chapter the following week.

"About that ... Rin, we finally have an opportunity to serve the Shogun but to do so, we must go to Kyoto. Don't get me wrong, we would love it if you joined, but I want you to be aware of what's going on before you make a decision."Wow, Kondo-san way to give me a heads-up. She wasn't even surprised anymore.

"We will be leaving for Kyoto in two days and about halfway through the trip, we'll be meeting up with another group, led by Serizawa Kamo. The man isn't known for his good temper or being gentle and kind to women."Toshi explained, obvious dislike already showing in his voice.

"Thanks for the concern, but Toshi, Kondo-san, answer me this. Since when do I lead a gentle, kind life?"Toshi shrugged and Kondo-san smiled sheepishly. Rin smiled a very trolly smile:

"Well, that settles that. Now, can one of you tell me where Souji is? I need to say hi to the poor bastard."Toshi sighed and pointed the door they'd just exited.

"He's in there, but ..."She was gone. Passed both of them and in the room. Kondo-san just walked away. 5 ... 4 ... 3 ... 2 ... 1

"TOSHI, WHAT'S WRONG WITH HIM?"Rin popped her head out the door and just looked at him questioningly. Souji was lying on a futon, his face and neck covered in rashes and a visible fever.

"As I was going to say, he caught the measeles about two days ago. I would advise you to keep your distances, it's contagious."Rin smiled, and said:

"Not to me it isn't! I've already had them!"Toshi got one of his rare evil grins, and that scared Rin. A lot, it scared her a lot.

"Well, since we need someone to look after him and you're part of the dojo now, I don't see anyone better suited to the job."