Chapter 11: You Know What? Life is hell.

A/N: Sorry this took so long, writer's block is a bitch. It isn't really an excuse, BUT I'm back. So voilà, one very uninspired chapter.

"Whether or not he stirs up trouble, that man's going to clash other simply by his mere existence."

"Goddamn right!"

"Although that is without a doubt true, you must learn to deal with him."" The bastard would have to die and be born again for that to happen."

"Nevertheless, you must get better at shrugging him off." Sannan spoke in an amused tone, talking as much to Toshi as he was to Rin, who was notoriously bad at ignoring Serizawa. She opened her mouth to say something not so polite about Serizawa, but Toshi cut her off:"Who is that? He isn't one of Yagi's guests."

"He's the boy Serizawa picked up on the way" Rin answered first, talking over everyone else, in the hopes of pissing someone off, but failing sadly. She needed new tricks, no one fell for her old ones anymore, except for Shinpatsu, of course. Poor, gullible Shinpatsu. Toshi looked past Rin and as if talking to Ryunnosuke instead of her, he said:

"That makes sense." Shin addressed Ryunnosuke over his shoulder:

"Hey Ryunnosuke, Serizawa's been drinking a lot, it's probably better if you wait for tomorrow."

"Yeah, he can't hold his alcohol worth squat." Ryu looked on the verge of protesting when Kondo-san said, in that fatherly tone of his:

"Well, in the meantime, let's go eat."

"Sound's good to me, after all the trouble Rin and I went through to make something edible."

"You were the one dumping in the unholy amount of seasoning as I recall, so, Souji, shut you trap."

"Geez ... fine" Ryunnosuke shot Sano a curious look. Sano wrapped an arm around the boy's shoulders and said:

"Those two are always bickering but there's a long-standing bet on when they'll finally just get a room and do the deed. Anyway, FOOD TIME! Don't worry, it should be edible."

  -------------------------------------------   

"Hell ... I hate mornings." Rin muttered under her breath, groggily trying to sit up ... until she realized that Sano and Heisuke were dog-piled on her stomach, Shin was sprawled across the floor, an empty bottle of sake under his arm. Wiggling as coordinatedly as she could with her baby hangover, she shoved them both off. The little blue haired boy was already gone.