Chapter 31: Return of the maniac

A/N: Plz comment if you see any spelling mistakes that I've missed.

Rin smiled as she stepped out, once again out onto the street. The young woman, Suzuki, was a person she might be able to tolerate for extended periods of time. The key word was 'might'.

The crowd seemed to have filled out, and she went mostly unseen. She had a slight spring in her step, a smile played at her lips. This was turning out to be a good day.

It was ... until she walked, on accident, straight into a maniacal, gunsliging fuck. Then, it became a whole lot more uncertain. It could go either way.

"Seems, you've seen some shit since the last time I saw you." He looked her up and down."Not looking so good ..." A smirk was on his face and a mocking tone in his voice. She shouldn't react. She wouldn't give him the satisfaction of ticking her off. So, instead, she grinned back and said:

"I still look better than your sorry ass." Shiranui's smirk morphed into a delighted grin.

"Good to see that getting stabbed hasn't dulled your tongue." How did he know it was a stab wound? Either he was extremely well versed in human anatomy and how it reacts to different damages, had made a lucky guess, or he'd had prior information. She was reading into this way too much. She could puzzle it out later.

"I'd be disapointed with myself if I'd let it."

"Mind telling your old pal what happened?"

"I do mind actually. You were the cause of the misunderstanding that indirectly led to me getting stabbed." He lifted a brow.

"Is that so? Now, I'm intrigued."

"Well, then you'll stay that way." The conversation turned away from her injury, to less personal subjects. They walked side by side, exchanging insults, feral grins and jabs. Apparently, her day was going to stay a pleasant one.

With little to no warning, Shiranui stopped dead in his tracks."Shit!" Rin tilted her head, questioningly. "Gotta go!" With even less warning, he was gone. Rin blinked. The only thing she'd caught as he disappeared was a flash of silvery hair. Silver hair? The fuck was going on? Well, just add it to the pile of confusing things about that maniac. She shook herself from the daze that had her standing in the middle of the road, like an idiot.

Speaking of idiots, she could see one up ahead. An idiot she really needed to talk to, but also dreaded the conversation to come.

A/N: So, I had a nosebleed throughout the entire writing process and it felt real weird. There was nothing remotely sexual in this chapter 😕 I also wanna say that this entire story is a first draft and I'll most likely be editing it heavily, fixing plotholes and loose ends. It's also got a mind of it's own and I'm fairly sure it's alive. I'm not in control. Halp.