2) Are You Okay?

"Okay, kids, make sure you put your paintings on the rack to dry before you leave."

"Ms. Griffin, when will we get to make something with clay?" The little, curly-haired girl asks.

"Soon, Ruby. We have other projects to do first, though." The blonde teacher says with a smile.

The kids line up and exit the classroom. As soon as they leave, the art teacher sighs in exhaustion. It has been a long day for Clarke Griffin and all she wants to do is go home and sleep. Unfortunately, that cannot happen. She has to clean up the class a bit and get everything ready for the next day. Dealing with kids all day can get tiring and messy, but Clarke loves her job. She is passionate about art and loves to share it with her students.

She's been working as an art teacher at her local elementary school for three years now and knows that she made the right decision by choosing this career. Her mother wanted her to pursue a medical career, but she supported Clarke's love of art once she realized how passionate she was about it.

A couple hours later, Clarke finds herself finally walking to her car. The evening sun is starting to set earlier because of winter's soon arrival. Clarke gets in her car with a huff and drives off to her house. There is a little bit of traffic since it is still rush hour, but Clarke is used to this. She is used to crowded roads, angry drivers, and even the tent city she passes by every day on her way to work.

Except, today is a little different in her town's tent city. Not in the tent city itself, but someone in particular. Someone new that Clarke had noticed for the past couple weeks. She's usally sat under the bridge right beside where Clarke drives by.

The tent city's new member first caught Clarke's attention because of how young she looks. There have been young homeless people there before, but not many. She's always reading when Clarke passes by or sometimes she'll just be looking at her surroundings. At times, Clarke thinks the young woman is scared or at least weary of the people around her. At the sight, Clarke feels grateful for the life that she has been blessed with, but at the same time, she can't help but feel sad for the unfortunate situation these people are in.

As Clarke approaches the bridge, she notices that the brunette she always sees in the corner is not in her usual spot. Clarke furrows her eyebrows and looks around as she stops at the red light at the beginning of the bridge. She doesn't spot her until she sees movement in the corner of her eye. The brunette is bent over at the end of the bridge. At closer inspection, Clarke notices that the young woman is throwing up onto a grassy area and seems like she can barely hold herself up.

Without thinking, as soon the light turns green, Clarke drives a little bit ahead and pulls over to the side under the bridge. She turns off her car and makes her way towards the sick brunette. She hesitates for a second before placing her hand on the girl's back who seems like she has nothing left to throw up.

"Are you okay?" Clarke asks softly.

The brunette jumps in surprise and moves away from the blonde.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." Clarke says. "I wanted to make sure you were okay."

The brunette nods hastily and tries to get away from Clarke as fast as possible. Clarke is still concerned and decides to walk behind her to make sure she's actually okay. The other girl sits down next to a backpack and wraps a blanket around herself. When she notices that Clarke is still there, she looks up at her in confusion before averting her gaze and facing the other way.

"Hey, I'm sorry if I'm bothering you, but I really am just trying to help. You don't look so good." Clarke tries to talk to the brunette, but all the girl does is ignore her and wrap the blanket tighter around herself. The evening air is chilly, but not cold enough to be shivering like the brunette is.