eight

toronto
23rd may 2018

the warm air of the local cafè hits me as I walk through the doors

the warm air of the local cafè hits me as I walk through the doors. as I wait for my chai tea to be made. I recall all the things I need to get done today. buy a dress, meet up with my childhood friends and buy him a gift.

I thank the barista before heading out into the busy streets of toronto. I've had my eye on a beautiful sherri hill dress for a while so I think I might purchase that. as for a gift, I have no idea what I might get.

"hello, Mrs. Elizabeth?" the store clerk calls as I enter the dress boutique.

"yes, hi, I was wondering if you had any sherri hill dresses in today?" I question.

"ah yes, right this way we have some beautiful beautiful ones" she says pulling me into a room filled with racks of expensive dresses.

"woah" I  gasp as I see a light rose and white coloured dress with detailing reminding me of the architecture in paris. "I love it but not for this occasion" I say, realising it looks more like a wedding dress then a party one.

"this one would suit you very well mrs" the lady claims, "and it's perfect for parties" she says causing me to take a glance at the exquisite dress.

this dress is a white, bodycon dress that would accentuate my nonexistant curves well. it's flower detailing reminding me of lace handmade by the designers. "this is the one" I say gesturing for the lady to take it to the counter.

I pay for the dress before thanking the lady and exiting the store.
-
I admire my sparkling low cut party dress before putting on a simple necklace and hanging earings. I collect my things before heading out into my uber that was ordered earlier.

"tori!" I squeal at my best friend walking into a loud club.

"oh my god! chelsea!" my very drunk best friend calls back.

"babe you got hot!"

"well you got hot and famous!" she slurs, causing me to giggle.

"another round on me!" I exclaim as the whole group cheers.

"c, meet jack my new boyfriend" victoria says gesturing towards a tall, blonde man who doesnt seen as drunk as his girlfriend.

"really nice to meet you!" I shout over the loud music.

"you too!" he shouts back before walking back to the rest of the group.

"heyy honey I see you" I say nudging my best friend.

"I know right! he's just as good in bed" she smirks.