SasoDei fanfic chap 6 {This Love}

Chapter 6
"This escape"

When I finally wake up, it's dark outside of the small barred window. I'm in the dungeon. Wait, when did I get here? They probably dragged me here after Pain knocked me out. Oh god, I feel like I've been run over with a truck.. But I've got to find Sasori. Good thing they underestimate me, because I'm bound only by ropes.

I lift my wrists up to my teeth, and untie the knot that binds me. Ouch. I have raw red marks where the rope was. I rub my wrists and search for a way out. I can't escape through the window, and even if I could, it would be no use in finding Sasori. He's probably either in the execution room, or the secret room in which Pain and Konan hold their secrets meetings. It is also rumored that they have secret executions there... I'm not supposed to know about it, but I secretly saw them sneak off one night, and I've heard rumors from other sources.

I decide on the latter option, and sneak over to the door. It's locked. Damn it. They didn't underestimate me that much I guess. I take a deep breath. I'll have to pick the lock. I've only done this for training purposes, exactly for situations like this. I guess they underestimated me enough. They took all my gear, so I'll have to find something to pick it with. I find a small metal wire in the corner of the room, and I use that to pick the lock.

I hear a small 'click' and tentatively turn the knob. It does so, and I slowly, and cautiously open the door about an inch. I peak out, and see Kakuzu, asleep, guarding the door. Not good. Not good at all. I slowly close the door, and lean against it. Think, Deidara. They took all of my gear when the tied me up... Except for one thing...

Poison gas bombs. Yes! I can use a poison gas bomb! I've only made 5 of these in my life. I've saved them for extreme circumstances, and I'm pretty sure this qualifies. No wonder they didn't find them, because I keep them under my tongues in my hands. They're so small you can barely see them, but the maker is immune to their poison, meaning, to me these things are harmless. I spit one out, and hold it between my fingers as I cautiously open the door again.

He's still asleep. Another plus side of these things is that they're practically noiseless. I activate it, and throw it out. It takes a minute for it to work, but then it starts to spill the ugly green gas into the hall. It creeps like a deadly fog over to Kakuzu, and slowly envelopes him. As soon as he takes a breath, I hear small choking noises, then he slumps down. I look at the floor. I can't help but feel ashamed for killing someone who was once considered a friend. Not anymore, Kakuzu. Not anymore.