SasoDei fanfic chap 8 {This Love}

Chapter 8

"These chains"

The first thing I notice is that the room is grey, and colorless. Then, I see him. There he is. The love of my life; chained up. "Sasori!" He looks at me as I run over to him. "Deidara!" His eyes fill with hope as I collapse in front of him and embrace him in a hug. "I'm so sorry..." I sob, "I shouldn't have let you go..." "Hey, Dei, look at me." I do as he says. He's crying. "I should be the one who's sorry..." He says as he looks at the ground. "I shouldn't have left..." I hug him again. "After this, I don't really care who's fault it is... I forgive you." I say into his shoulder. He nods, and I get up and work on unchaining him. "What happened?" I breathe, as I see there are whip marks all over his back, and his arms and legs are raw from the chains.

"They um... tortured me..." He whispers as he stands and rubs his wrists. There are tears in his eyes. I cover my mouth with my hand as I start to tear up. I can't help but feel guilty... "Oh my god, Sasori..." I pull him in again, and he wraps his arms around me. I can tell he's crying harder even though he's not making noise, because his shoulders are shaking. I hug him tighter. "Shhh..." I coo as he buries his head in my shirt. "It's okay, I'm here now..." "I'm just- so scared to get close to people..." He sobs out. "I know... I know..." I reply. "But I'll always be here for you, okay?" He pulls backs bit, and cups my face in his hands. "Okay..." He says back.

Then, I feel another presence in the room. He does too, because we both turn around quickly in the direction of the door. It's Konan. My eyes widen. No, after all of this she's just going to chain both of us up! "I'm here to help..." He says quietly as she walks over to us. We both take a step back. "Please, Deidara, Sasori, trust me." Sasori looks at me. "She did try to argue with them when they whipped me..." He flinches as he says the last part. I nod. I can tell she's telling the truth. There's a certain kindness about Konan...

She leads us over to the door and we creep out into the hallway. "I'm going to smuggle you out." She whispers. We both nod. She leads us down the hall, then down another. She takes us out through the tunnels. "Why are you taking us this way?" I ask. "Because I don't want to get caught by Pain. I'm doing this against orders." I stop to look at her. "They'll kill you!" I say, eyes wide. She looks at the ground. "I know..." She says sadly. "Why are you doing this for us?" I breathe. She looks somewhere over my shoulder, as of she's remembering something. "Because I know how it feels to lose someone you love." "How did you-" I start. I never told her about my love for Sasori. "I can see it in your eyes. It's clear you are in love." She explains. I nod. I know about Yahiko, and how he died for her. I look at the ground. "I'm sorry. I understand. Thank you, Konan.." I say, and she keeps walking.