Chapter 19

Lindsey smiled as she helped me do my makeup. My makeup was done all pretty with a Smokey eye and she used face paint to make the pride flag on both my cheeks.

"Wait," I mumbled as I looked in the mirror. "This isn't the flag. Where's the rainbow?"

"You're not gay," Lindsey said with a small chuckle. "This is the trans flag, sweetheart."

"Transgenders get their own flag?" I asked.

"There's different flags for everyone," she said.

I looked in the mirror and smiled softly at the little trans flags painted on both of my cheeks.

"I like it," I said. "It's so pretty. The colors are so soft and cute."

"Frankie, you look adorable," she said.

I smiled and looked at myself in the mirror. I was wearing just a white t-shirt that was tucked into a pastel pink tennis skirt with white thigh high socks and pastel pink vans.

"Alright, looks like we're about ready to go," Gerard said as he walked in. "By the way, I bought you a trans pride flag."

He handed me a big flag and I gasped.

"Wow, this is mine?" I asked.

"Yeah, thought you might want some of your own pride to decorate this house with," he said.

"I love these colors," I said. "It's so cute. So pastel, so pretty."

Gerard smiled and gave me a kiss. Everyone was all dressed up, Lindsey wore a little crop top that was in the colors of the trans flag. She also had on a tiny little black leather mini skirt with a pair of black high heel boots that were so high I didn't actually know how she could walk in them. Ryan and Brendon were both dressed in black spandex shorts with rainbow paint on their cheeks and across their chest. Gerard was dressed in a pair of black shorts with a tank top in the pansexual colors and a sparkly tiara that had a rainbow  on it going over the jewels and the curling silver gems.

"You wanna wear it?" Gerard asked as I eyed his tiara.

"That's okay," I said.

"You know what, I have a little tiara that would look adorable on you," he said.

Gerard got me a little tiara and I smiled as I put it on.

"Gerard, let me put some facepaint on you," Lindsey said. "You want the pan colors?"

Gerard nodded and sat down, letting her paint his cheeks. Ryan also had a full face of makeup like Lindsey and me, his eyeshadow was rainbow.

"Alright, we should get going now," Brendon said. "We don't want to be late."

We all got into the car and I sat between Ryan and Gerard.

"You look so cute," Ryan said. "Girl, you make skirts look so good, I wish I had legs like yours."

We stopped through to get some breakfast for McDonald's and Gerard handed me my estrogen pills when I got my smoothie.

"You been feeling alright, Frankie?" Lindsey asked.

"The mood swings aren't as bad," I said.

"That's good," she said. "You'll start feeling a lot better soon."

I smiled as I ate happily, looking out the window. It seemed to take years before we finally got there and got out. It was crowded and I immediately began to worry as I clung to Gerard's side. I don't know why I was so worried but I took off the tiara and looked down to try and hide the facepaint. It was a lot harder than I expected to be so openly out and transgender after spending eighteen years in the closet.