Chapter 21

"Okay, okay, I have another question," I said and Gerard looked over at me curiously. "If there were two lesbians and then one transitioned to be a man would they still be lesbians?"

"No because he wouldn't be a girl," Gerard said.

"Do lesbian weddings cost more if they both wear wedding dresses?" I asked.

"I'm sure they do, those could be pretty expensive depending on where they get them," he said.

"I want to wear a wedding dress when we get married," I said. "Or, I mean, if we get married."

I looked at him curiously, hoping that the idea of marriage didn't scare him. I didn't want the idea of us getting married to scare him. I know we haven't been dating for the longest time but we lived together and were getting pretty comfortable together.

"I think you'd be pretty in a wedding dress," he said.

So, no real opinion on his thoughts of us getting married to each other. Maybe I'm thinking too far ahead, I think I'm the one who's jumping the gun.

"Gerard, do lesbian couples have to have one be butch and one be like feminine with flowers and stuff?" I asked.

"Course not," he denied.

"Do lesbians have matching periods?" I asked.

"I don't know, sometimes," he said. "Why are you so interested in lesbians today?"

"I don't know, I've never met a lesbian before," I said. "When they decide to have a baby then will they have sex with a man to get pregnant?"

"Well, I've never seen lesbians do that," he said. "Usually they'll go to, like, a sperm bank or adopt. I've never met any that have had sex with a man just to get pregnant."

"Lesbians are so interesting," I mumbled. "There's two vaginas between them. I wish I had a vagina."

"We're saving up money," he said.

"Will the hormones give me boobs?" I asked. "I'd like boobs."

"Some people develop breasts but not everyone," Gerard said.

"What size?" I asked.

"It's hard to tell exactly," he said. "Some woman just say that it's only A cup but that's not always the same. Some people say a good rule of thumb is to look at the size of a close female relative and then subtract a size."

I frowned as I tried to think.

"That doesn't really help that much because I don't really know my mom's size," I said.

"Don't worry too much about it," he said. "You're beautiful, okay?"

"I want boobies," I said and he snorted.

"You'll get your boobies one day," he said.

I rolled over, sitting upside down on the couch. I watched him work on his computer, a look of concentration on his face.

"What are you working on, Gerard?" I asked.

"Just a little design a company asked me to make for them," he said.

"What's the company?" I asked.

"Just this little up and coming tech company," he said. "They make, like computers and that kind of stuff."

I nodded, looking around.

"If I was a girl but I had girlfriends does that make me a lesbian?" I asked.

"Frankie, how many times do I have to tell you that who you date doesn't actually change your sexuality?" He asked. "Just because I'm dating you it doesn't make me straight."