chapter 8

I was laying on my bed with my head hanging over the side making my vision upside down. I was so tired but couldn't fall asleep no matter what.

"Have you tried drinking warm milk?" minx asked as he spun in my office chair like a child

"Yes, I have" I sat up before I got a headache from all the blood rushing to my head.

"Sleeping music?"

I just nodded in response followed by a hum.

"Sleeping pills?"

"no thank you" I would rather not be trapped in my dreams.

"Have you tried herbal tea or whatever"

"What are you 80?" I scoff making minx furrow his eyebrows

"Do you even want to sleep?"

"Not particularly" I hadn't slept in almost 2 days and it had started driving me insane. I had been seeing shadows and figures everywhere.

"You haven't slept in two days.. Aren't you tired?"

"extremely"

"Lovely... well, don't come crying to me when you fall asleep on the stairs and fall.."

"Then who would feed you asshole?" I turned to look at him

Minx stiffened and immediately stopped spinning. "Please don't fall down the stairs.."

I laughed sarcastically "jeez thanks so much for your worry and concern for me..."

"You're welcome" he smiled obviously not picking up on my obvious sarcasm.

*time skip*

My head slowly dropped before I jolted back up. I didn't think it was this troublesome to stay awake.

Minx had fallen asleep in his cat form on a pillow at the top of my bed, lucky asshole, at least he could fall asleep without fearing for his life.

After a good half an hour of non-stop coffee drinking and fighting to stay awake I finally decided to head out for a walk but of course I would have to go through one of the hardest fights of my life just to get to the door.

Getting off my ass.

I let out a long sigh and swing my legs over the edge of the couch before hesitantly pushing myself away from the comfort of the couch, even though I was wearing socks I could still feel how fucking cold the wooden flooring was.

'I should really invest in getting a carpet... oh, who am I kidding I don't have enough money for that.'

After grabbing my jumper and shoes I slowly shuffled to the door, the handle felt like ice against my already freezing hands but none the less I open the door only to be greeted by an empty street.

I mean of course it's empty, it's like 2 am.

The sound of rain hitting my roof brought a small smile to my lips 'i love rain'

As i take a step outside i take a large amount of cold air into my lungs and put the hood of my jumper over my h/c hair, the cold air hitting my face.

Cold is an understatement.

I breathed out, my breath making a small cloud. (?)

'I might get a cold..' i close the door behind me as quietly as i could hoping i dont wake minx and smiled more.

'worth it'

The moment my body made contact with the rain i looked up and allowed it to hit my face, Thunder could be heard from afar.

'I feel less stressed already..' as i walk the empty streets all that could be heard within the sounds of the rain were the sounds of my feet making impacted with small water puddles here and there.

Drip Drop

'I wonder if there is a way for me to be able to see the demons around me'

I furrowed my eyebrows slightly and shook my head 'y/n now is not the time to think about that, just relax. you have never had a problem with doing that before.'

Drip Drop

'Man i should have brought my sketch book, i could have stopped at the park and draw' i let out a small sigh.

'Well whatever i end up doing it i dont care what it is as long as i dont fall asleep'