15: Nobody Looks as Good as Zach

Thursday 5:56 p.m.

Elizabeth's P.O.V.

"I am a good driver for your information," I said pointing at Jonah as we walked into the house, "I drive in Ohio where nobody stays between lanes or uses their turn signal. Then they just act the speed limit signs are suggestions."

"Alright, fair. I'll grade you a decent driver because you did almost kill us." Jonah pointed out.

"You guys are just big babies." I chuckled as Daniel shut the front door and we all stood in the entryway.

"I'm sorry that I don't want to die at the moment." Zach butted into the sarcastic fight.

"True..." I trailed off in laughter.

"Alright, dinner is at 7:00." Daniel reminded everyone as he was looking at his phone. He seemed upset the whole car ride home, but I didn't know what it was about since he seemed so happy at the mall.

"I call the shower!" Jack yelled running for the stairs.

"No! You take forever, you go last!" Zach yelled chasing after him. Corbyn and Jonah chuckled as they walked up the steps. I chewed on my bottom lip watching them go up the stairs. Once they were gone I turned back to Daniel who was still looking at his phone with a blank expression. I didn't know what to say, but I wanted to know what was wrong. I sighed just going to take a stab at it when he just walked away into the kitchen. I stood there shocked. I followed him to the doorway and leaned against it.

"Daniel..." I trailed off trying to collect some words to make a sentence.

"Huh?" he asked not looking up from his screen.

"What's wrong?" I said not wanting to beat around the bush.

"Nothin," he responded making my heart sink. I walked to the other side of the island and leaned against it.

"Did I do something?" I whispered, not really wanting to know the answer.

"No."

"Daniel," I said a little annoyed now. He didn't respond or look up from his phone. A new feeling of aggresion came over me and I wanted to throw the phone across the room. I took a deep breath though and shook my head. I lightly put my fingers on the top of the phone and lightly push it down. "Can you put this down for a minute?"

"Why?" He asked looking up at me.

"Just...please Daniel," I said with begging eyes. I felt like for the first time he was overlooking what I was saying, just like everybody else did back home. We made eye contact making him let out a sigh and set the phone down. I half smiled and lightly grabbed it. I locked the screen and placed it to the side.

"What?" Daniel asked, but it didn't sound like he was annoyed or anything just curious. I fiddled with my own fingers avoiding eye contact now.

"Why are you upset?" I asked him again. He let out another sigh and placed his hand over mine. I looked at our hands than up to his eyes.

"I'm not upset. Something I was thinking about." He tried reassuring me. I frowned and looked down pulling my hands away from his. He walked around the island and leaned next to me. "It's nothing about you, promise."

"...okay," I mumbled still looking down at my shoes. He wrapped his arms around me and pulling me to him. I stood there not responding to the hug.

"I'm not letting you go until your happy again," Daniel informed me.

"Alright, you might wanna cancel any of your plans for the rest of the week," I informed him, pressing my chin to his chest and looking up at him.

"Stop that," he whispered looking down at me.