Chapter Thirteen

Thirteen-

Dennis's P.O.V.

We stood outside, behind the school, away from everyone else and their drama. Something was going around about a fight supposedly going to happen, but whatever.

I thought about what Heather told me about Mike and Jay and what had happened. I mean, it wasn't too big of deal but honestly, the way she made of seem is that he could have raped her if he wanted to. Heather also told me about a party a friend of hers was having and asked if I would go, so I agreed, and I found out Jay was also coming.

Dave nudged my leg. "Dude, you alright? You look out of it," he said.

"Huh? Oh, sorry. Tired," I muttered. I looked over and listened to Jay and Drew argue.

"How can you eat that?!" he cried.

"Because its fucking so much better than creamy peanut butter!" she said. He scoffed.

"All that crunchy shit does is ruin peanut butter and lives," Drew said. Jay rolled her eyes.

"You bastard. I disown your ass!" she said.

"You know you love this ass!" he said, then posed. Jay cracked up.

"Damn you," she laughed. Then she got serious. "I still disown you."

"You'll come back around," he shrugged.

"Never," she said seriously. I laughed at them. I looked up in time to she someone walking over. Speak of the devil. Mike walked over and pulled Jay into a hug. Took the bastard long enough to come looking for her.

"Hey," she said. He nodded and kissed her.

"Sorry about last night," he said nonchalantly. She shrugged, folding he arms over her chest in discomfort.

"Its whatever," she muttered. I knew she was over it, she just didn't like him pressing it. He'd been doing it all morning.

She bit her lip mindlessly, playing with her right lip ring. They looked good, her snake bites.

"Dude, stop staring. She'll notice," Dave whispered. I quickly looked away and mouthed a 'thanks' to him before we got into a heated conversation over why pizza wasn't the national food. Damn, the shit we talk about.

Once we were all sitting at lunch, I noticed Mike was absent again. He showed up after ten minutes, sitting down beside Jay. She didn't even look up at him, but he leaned down to kiss her anyway. I looked away.

After lunch we just left for class, and I walked with Jay since, well, the class I as headed to we had together. I nudged her with my shoulder playfully and she punched my arm playfully.

Jay's P.O.V.

Dennis nudged me with his shoulder so I punched his arm playfully.

"Bastard" I laughed. He laughed, too and we walked into class.

We sat in our seats and he turned to look at me.

"So, you're going to that party tomorrow night, right?" he asked. I shrugged then nodded.

"Yeah, Heather convinced me," I said. He laughed and nodded.

"Cool," he said. I smiled and nodded, took then turned my attention back to the class.

After school, I got home and stayed there for a little while before I decided to leave for the band rehearsal. I actually was going to walk. I gave everyone a hug before I left with my electric guitar in its case. My microphone was already at Dave's. The air was kinda chilly, but I didn't care. It felt good to me.