chapter eight

song for chapter: surrender- natalie taylor

|saturday|
[3:15p.m]
malia's pov

my eyes scanned the group of people down there, close by a tall tree.

they were smiling, laughing, teasing each other.

it kind of reminds me of my high school years.

the good times only.

two quiet knocks on my door caused me to turn around quickly to face the doorway.

i walked towards it, staying curious to who it could be since daniela left an hour ago with ethan.

the sound of the door creaking open was loud as i opened it slowly.

my heart dropped to see who's standing in front of me.

"hey," grayson quietly spoke while his hand rubbed his forearm.

why is he here right now?

"h-hi," i stuttered, clearly speechless at the moment.

"um. ethan said he wanted me to talk to you. i was just wondering if you wanna.." he started to get loss of his words due to nervousness.

after a few seconds, i moved out of the way; signaling him to come in.

he walked in slowly and looked around the dorm.

before he was fully standing in the middle of the room, i shut the door and walked up behind him.

he turned around slowly and i stood there with nothing to say.

"can we talk?" he asked quietly.

i nodded my head as i climbed to the top of my bed to sit criss-crossed.

he let out a big huff of air as he sat down on the edge of my bed; resting his arms on his thigh.

"i've missed you," he said with turning to face me for a quick second.

i slightly smiled to myself, knowing that he actually let those words come out of his mouth.

"i've missed you too," i said truthfully.

"ethan told me that you were stressing out. are you okay?" he asked with a caring tone.

i nodded my head assuringly, "yeah. just some things on my mind."

"how did you enjoy new york?" he asked interestingly.

i shrugged, "normal yet boring school year. got in a few fights with annoying people but i guess that's how everyone is nowadays."

he let out a light chuckle at my words, "you're not wrong."

"how have you been?" i asked him so we could change the conversation to him.

"great. i got accepted to a good college. everything's just going great so far," he nodded his head happily.

"that's amazing to hear," i was truly happy that he's happy.