chapter thirteen

song for chapter: new- daya

|saturday|
malia's pov

"good morning," my eyes fluttered open to seeing daniela staring at me from her bed.

i rubbed my eyes tiredly while replying, "morning."

"where were you last night?" she asked, onto me.

"hm?" my eyebrows perked up in fear, knowing that it's going to be hard to explain to her right now. 

"you came back at twelve in the morning," she said while sitting up on her bed, letting her leg dangle off the edge.

"i just had some people to talk to," i shrugged like it was nothing.

"do you wanna get breakfast with me and ethan?" daniela asked me while standing up from her bed.

i smiled, "you really think i wanna third-wheel you guys right now?"

she scoffed with a dorky smile, "we are all friends. shut up."

"bullshit. i don't believe that. just watch," i shook my head.

"not to get all sedimental here. but the last time i checked, in high school, you were catching feelings for the other twin," she called me out with wide eye.

immediately, i grabbed my pillow and threw it at her causing both of us to burst into laughter, "no! you're wrong!"

"i was more right than you ever were!" she shouted while leaning back on her bed, grabbing her own pillow.

this is a great way to start off a morning.

i wandered down the hall to find ethan and grayson's room.

i was hoping to talk to grayson about some stuff and potentially bring up the topic that my ex-boyfriend is here.

he's a trusting guy, he's a good listener.
i know he will listen and understand.

my foot stopped walking when i almost accidentally passed their room door, making me stand right in front of it.

i knocked on the door a few times, waiting patiently.

the door creaked open to grayson, shirtless.

"oh hi," he said in a shocking way that i'm right in front of him.

"hi. sorry for the unexpected visit," i apologized for not texting him that i was coming.

he shook his head, "its completely fine. come in." he pushed the door wide open while standing out of the way for me to walk.

i slowly took a few steps in and looked around the messy room.

"woah. what happened here?" i let out a chuckle due to the messiness of this room.

"i was just about to shower so i tried to find an outfit to wear. it didn't really work out that much," he made a sarcastic disgusted face.