epilogue

song for chapter: 18- one direction

malia's pov

"you are beautiful," daniela said as she zipped up the back of my dress, helping me out.

i let out a deep sigh after she finished, "thank you."

two loud knocks on the door caused us to turn around. "come in," daniela said while walking towards the door.

the door slowly opened and it was nicole.

"oh wow," nicole said shockingly while covering her mouth, amazed at the sigh of me in my dress.

"i look good?" i asked in a nervous tone.

"you look beautiful and amazing," she corrected while walking towards me while daniela shut the door behind her.

"thank you. i'm really nervous," i said with a nervous chuckle; as if it wasn't obvious enough.

"don't worry. you'll be amazing," she assured me while fixing my hair a little bit.

i took a deep breath slowly, thinking about what's about to happen in half an hour.

"oh. by the way, i was hoping you would want to read this," she said while pulling a letter out to her back pocket.

"what is it?" i asked while holding the well-folded paper in my hand.

"it's the letter from your mom that you never opened. grayson gave it to me today so i could give it to you," she smiled. "he was hoping you were finally ready to read it after about five years, on your wedding."

i was speechless.
he still kept the letter, and he knew to give it to me today.

"me and nicole will be outside making sure everything okay while giving you, your spare time," daniela instructed while bringing nicole out, closing the door behind as they walked out.

i opened the paper, my heart started to race quickly.

hey there my beautiful angel.

now, first, let me apologize.
i'm sorry that i didn't tell you about my sickness.

i did not want to pressure you more than you were already stressing out with everything else.
i know it was wrong for me to do because you deserved to know about your own mother but i did it for a good reason. and if you were in my shoes, you'd understand i was only doing it to help you.

i knew that after all those text messages saying you were busy, i wasn't able to say a proper goodbye to you. that's why i'm writing this letter.

i've talked to grayson about you. he's a really sweet guy. i would've loved him to be my son-in-law. now, i don't know what is happening in your life right now because i'm writing this a few days before my unexpected death. but i want you to know that i'm here for you. i will be there for you, i will watch you become an amazing wife, mom, and grandmother. i wish i was able to be at your wedding or at your baby shower, but sadly, everything happens for a reason.

you're my beautiful angel, the best daughter in the world, the best person i ever needed in my life. please, don't be sad that i'm gone. be happy that i am no longer going to suffer but be happy myself.