Dream

*Last chapter, for this book. 
If I get my act together, then there will be the second book, this chapter demands it.

Arthit woke up beside Kongpob. Kongpob was reading a newspaper, scanning finance section. Arthit looked beside him and breathed out trying to relax. Then he cuddled up beside Kongpob, who wrapped one of his arms around him and asked. "What's wrong?"

"I just saw a dream. I saw you as a cursed immortal being and I had to kill you.. It was all so vivid and real, that I didn't understand it before I just woke up and saw you sitting here."

"And what's so different about me and me"

"Well for starters I had to chase you in the dream, which is ridiculous, in real life you did that. And the second thing. I think in the dream I knew from the very first second that you were someone higher in intelligence and somehow a magical, mystical being. You had this kind of sense to you."

"So when you looked at me right now.. what you understood I am less than that guy in the dream? And I'm not enough intelligent for you?"

"Yeah, basically. Who would ever think that you could be a mystical, cursed being, who I would fall in love and chase around the world "

At that Kongpob dragged escaping Arthit back to bed and tickled him until he was giving up. This wrestling had made them both very hot, and in an absolutely non exercise kind of way. 

Couple of days later, Arthit was walking to work and he got this strange feeling, that someone was watching him.

As he turned himself around and tried to see everybody to find somebody, he saw a back. Moving away. And though he felt like he wanted to move and follow, he didn't let himself.

As he was turning away and carrying on with his walk.. He felt tears spilling from his eyes and the only thoughts he could distinguish from his suddenly sluggish mind. Was it really a dream? And what really is a dream?

What the hell was he thinking? He was having a great life with Kongpob. Why to think that something was wrong, or that there was something more to this. He was happy? Wasn't he?

As time went on, every day seemed going back to it's own color. Work was interesting, and the routine got him to stop thinking of the weird dream. The back he saw on the street.

Which he absolutely didn't allow himself to think, was that he saw something similar every morning. But he could deftly ignore any sign, that he's world could be rocking in one or another way.

Every day, he and Kongpob had a quick breakfast before running to their work. Every day seemed the same. After work they came home. Mostly Arthit felt too tired all the time so the most contact he allowed Kongpob was cuddling in the bed and occasional kisses. In the weekend it was different, but only when Kongpob wouldn't do something to irritate Arthit to the bone. Everything seemed as usual and totally normal. Nothing really out of place.

If so, then why was Arthit feeling out of place. He remembered every detail of his dream. It didn't fade. The details were in him, behind his eyelids as if he had been through it all for real. And if it were not weird enough, the more time went on, the more details he remembered. About his life with Henry, how they loved, how they smiled and how they had aged. The story was rather like a fairy tale, not just a memory of a distant past.

One time he came home and sitting down on the sofa, started writing some numbers down on a paper. A calculation that needed to be done by the morning. When Kongpob came home and saw papers full of calculations and Arthit writing them, his expression was stricken and his mouth was literally hanging open.