Chapter 3

EUNJI

TUESDAY

"Should we bring Solji and Ruru out for a walk too? It's an outside event right?"

Jonghyun nods as he busily packs some picnic things to bring with us. We also invited Key and Minho in this event. Basically, it is like a picnic event for kpop artists together with the general public, but the artists are separated from the public through a metal fence and free of admission if the company's name is listed while the public has to pay to enter. For this year's event, there are three girl groups and three boy groups who are willing to perform and was invited basing from my source, AKA Key. Internally, I wish that my group can get to perform too, but since this event is only for rookie groups who are not as well-known yet, we are giving them the opportunity for the people to get to know them also. After gathering all of our stuff, we go down to the basement to put the bags and foods in his trunk. On the way, I keep on carrying even the lightest bag, and he carries them away from me.

"Huh? Why? I'm just trying to help." Confused as ever, Jonghyun looks me in the eyes and says with the most serious face,

"Just don't do much today. You might get injured."

I laugh at him because how can the bags hurt me? Not bothering to answer him, I just follow what he tells me to do. The summer ishere and this is the best day to go outside and hang with friends. Basing on my phone's weather application, it is currently 30 degrees Celsius and our air conditioner is in full blast just in case Ruru and Solji might faint from the weather.

"Just enjoy today, honey. The view is nice. Take my phone. Key sent me a photo awhile ago."

Because Jonghyun is driving, he can not do it on his own or else we will get pulled up by the police for texting and driving. Unlocking his phone and immediately seeing Key's message to him, I open the photo that he sent not long ago and the view is indeed amazing. Basing on this picture, he got us a good spot under the trees and near the cliff, but it is not the cliff that you're thinking. It has this slope-not too drop down when you look above it. It's like a slide, but it is more like a slide of death. Regardless, at least Key and Minho are there already and it seems like they have invited the whole group including Onew and Taemin. Sitting here beside Jonghyun, my heart skips a beat because I can not contain as to how much happy I am to see them again after a long while and excited because we can spend time together. Like a family.

As soon as we step out of the car, I immediately hold on to Ruru's and Solji's leashes or else, they will run off together and that nightmare of losing them again might come true. Ruru is growing stronger every day despite of her age as she tries to go to Minho and Key's direction. Almost being pulled by the both of them, Jonghyun tells me to join them and he can do the rest lifting the bags that we brought with us. I hug each of them as they greet me New Year.

"And who's this?" Minho asks me as he sits down on the mat and starts petting Solji. I sit down as well in the middle of Key and Minho.

"We found her abandoned in the woods. She isn't owned by anyone, so we adopted her instead."

"Ah! Such a beautiful cat though. What's the name?"

"Solji." Jonghyun finally joins us carrying a bunch of snacks and drinks in his arms and hands. He struggles setting them down on the table that Key brought, so Minho stands up to help him.

"That's interesting. Why did you name her after your late sister?" Key turns to me with a serious look on his face even though Ruru is trying to get his attention because she wants to play with uncle Key.

"She reminds me of her a little for some reason."

I say to him trying not to be affected by the fact that my sister is really gone. We haven't spent so much time together. It has always been her music career. We only get to have fun and talk to each other whenever I'm a back up dancer and when their choreography needs back up dancers. But that's about it and nothing more. Sure, we grew up together, her taking care of me together with uncle Joohyuk, but I didn't feel like I actually have a sister who I can rely on and tell my secrets to. Now that I think about it, since she decided to leave the Earth, I never had a friend who is around my age and the same gender as me. In fact, I'm not good with people at all except when I need to such as in a work environment. Outside of that, I'm pretty much alone until I met SHINee members.