Chapter 40

EUNJI

SUNDAY

Today marks SHINee's last dance practice preparing for their debut and then after that, a month full of promotions. Finding myself, after finishing my own dance practice with Yuta, I secretly go to a cake shop and order a cake just for SHINee congratulating them on debuting in advance and to cheer them on for tomorrow and for the rest of their careers with our company.

"WOW! Eunji! You don't have to do this!"

Onew exclaims and gladly takes the chocolate cake from my hands and all of the members can not stop thanking me saying that it means so much to them debuting with a new member. I am not even surprised when they come and give me a hug as a group and from this point, I suddenly feel this familiar emotion where I feel like I have known them for so long. Since I lost my memory, I think I should trust what is familiar to me in order to find out my past. While we are all eating, Jonghyun sits beside me softly that I almost do not feel him.

"Eunji, you don't really have to give us a cake. A simple cheer would do." Jonghyun shyly says me this as he takes a huge bite of the cake. Send me smiles on my face unintentionally.

"I want to. Plus, I feel like I've known you guys for long and it's not a bother really." Then a sudden silence comes along to sit in between sharing glances and in doing so, in result, laughter and chuckles between Jonghyun and I. He breaks the awkward looks and silence,

"Did you like the snacks that I sent you? I guessed that you liked sweet foods even for snacks,s o I hope you liked it." He smiles like a puppy. Well, he looks like my pet, Ruru.

"Yes I did enjoy it very much! It's so sweet of you to think of me during your break oppa-I mean, Jonghyun." Because of the slip, I flash an awkward smile and eat the chocolate cake quick, but he catches on so fast.

"It's natural for me to think of the people I love.

"What?" Shocked, that word leaves my mouth and into the universe. Then he chuckles and says,

"As a close friend I mean. Oh by the way, are you free tonight?"

"Hmm yeah, I don't have any things to do tonight." He then asks me to watch a movie with him. Apparently, he asked his group mates to watch it wit him, but their schedules are all full and he has no one to ask except for me.

"EH? You didn't ask us!" Taemin, being the youngest of the group protests about his comment on asking the members, but it turns out that Jonghyun is telling a white lie. Minho joins the conversation and says,

"Taemin-ni, even if he did ask us, we have no time. So you guys can go instead of us." Minho winks at us and I think I know what he is trying to say, so I ask Jonghyun to be clear and to be in the same page.

"Jonghyun, is it going to be a date tonight?"

"No." He laughs nervously while having eye contact with Minho and Key behind him, "Just as close friends. So, will you come with me?"

"Yes sure!"

After that funny and awkward afternoon, I hurry to go back to the mansion and I find Jinho in the living room practicing his singing for their monthly trainee evaluations. Jinho does not even notice that I am home now, but it is nice to see him do his best to debut and no doubt in my mind that he will in the nearest future. After he is done, I ask him what I should wear for a movie night with a friend and he immediately asks if it is Yuta,

"No. I'll be going with Jonghyun and before you ask if it is a date, well, it is not. So...can you help me decide on what to wear?"

Jinho cutely pouts and I beg.