Chapter 10

EUNJI

FRIDAY

That time when I was alone with Taeyong for the night just a few days ago, I felt something that I'm not supposed to and I felt like I am sinning. At first, because uncle Joohyuk told me to love Jonghyun forever since we are married and other thoughts are unacceptable to other men that is in my life. And second, it felt wrong that I started to catch feelings toward Taeyong when we talked about our past together and laughing about them until he fell asleep on the couch. That night was really something. I am not sure if I should go back in time and try to remember it all, but it seems my mind win versus my heart.

That Tuesday night, he noticed that there was a picture frame hanging on the wall above uncle's TV. That was our family picture of mom, dad, Solji and I. When Taeyong asked me about them because he forgot what happened, I started to cry but I didn't stop talking. For some reason, I let him inside my life once again and this time, not being afraid if he will disappear again because I trust him that much and I know if he does disappear again, then maybe it is for the best. Who knows? Maybe Taeyong knows these things about me might come in handy in the future.

"See? I'm hundred percent wrong." Taeyong suddenly sits close to me and faces me putting his leg on the couch.

"About?"

"You. You changed alot. You don't need me to protect your heart anymore. I'm glad!" He flashes his childish smile that I have always loved. And how he made me like him. Then him suddenly parting my head takes me to alert mode and wake my system up.

"Well, I'll be sleeping here in this couch tonight so you can sleep on your bed." He jumps up from the couch to the closet near the door where I keep pillows and blankets that are extra and starts putting it on the couch sending me to stand up watch him do the rest.

"But you're the guest! You should feel comfortable." Guilt rushes in my veins, but I have no idea why. I approach him immediately after saying this so I can somehow help him and maybe make me feel better about myself. But he grabs both of my wrists just in time for him to make me stop and he says,

"I'll be more comfortable if you sleep better on your own bed. Don't worry about me."

"But..."

"I promise. I'll make you breakfast tomorrow morning then I'll be on my way home." He smiles again. This time, I try to look away because he keeps on doing it the whole day.

"Ok, but if you need something, just tell me."

I say in a low voice lowering my head. Taeyong gets up from the couch and gives me a sudden hug. It's been awhile since we have done this kind of physical connection between us. He caresses the back of my head to my neck and whispers in my ear goodnight before letting me go. After he turns out the light, I walk all the way down to the end of the room to get to the bedroom with my face burning like it is on fire for eternity.

"Ah my love!" I gasp finding out that I haven't yet checked up on my husband. I immediately grab my phone from my study table, get under the covers and start calling him. It doesnt take long until he answers my call.

"Honey! It's late at night and you're still up?" Jonghyun's voice sounds tired and doesnt have any energy left in him. Trying to make him feel better and to get him to talk about his day, I succeed.

"I went to see an old friend after I had gone to the gym. I actually just got home. Ruru missed you terribly my love." Whenever he laughs while he is talking makes my heart filled with joy and gladness knowing that he is alright and well. Then out of nowhere, I suddenly burst into tears. I do not sob this time though because I worry if Taeyong can hear me.