Chapter 24

EUNJI

WEDNESDAY

The hospital is packed today. The parking lot is full and so, I park my car that takes two minutes or less by walking. It sounds like it is not that far, but when you see the parking lot full of cars, not seeing a gap between them, you'll feel like you're loosing air.

"Kim Eunji-ssi? Room three please."

I bow to the nurse as he leads me to the room and leaves me when I enter. There, I finally see the ob gyn that Sodam eonnie's friend suggested to her for me to see. At first, she asks me how long have I been feeling the symptoms and what I was doing to get it out of my head, and finally, the result of the pregnancy test that I did at home. The next thing she asks me to do is to lie down on the examination bed in order for her to look inside my stomach to see if I am indeed bearing a child or not.

"Ok, let's see here." She puts on the clear jelly scream on my stomach and does the ultrasound.

"Oh?" She continues to move it and we can both see that there is something inside me. "You're telling me you didn't know you're pregnant?"

"No...Is that bad?" I ask as I start to panic now because I feel like it is not normal because once a woman figured it out or starts to feel the symptoms, they will immediately go to a doctor or get the pregnancy test home.

"No, there are women who does not know it until they're full term. Actually..." After she cleans the jell from my stomach, I sit back on the chair and she starts talking to me again while she types away to her computer,

"Actually, there are women that are 38 weeks and their stomach looks like as if they just drank loads of liquid." She smiles at me and puts her glasses back up again. She types so fast that the keyboard fills the quietness between our conversation.

"I have news for you. Good or bad, now that depends."

"What is it, doc..." I read off of her name "Doc SunJung?" I sit up making a perfect sitting posture as I try to read and peek at the writing pad as her pen starts writing away.

"You are pregnant. You're in your 3rd month already my love."

After Doctor SunJung tells me loads of information as to how I should be taking care of my body since I am now responsible for myself and the person that is inside me. I have so many question in my mind that I ask her whenever she gives me the opportunity. For the most of it, I ask her and make sure with her that the baby is okay despite of my stomach not showing at all because I do feel very conscious about it now that she mentions it. Near the end of the appointment, she assures me for the last time,

"I tell you, you're not alone. I know it's overwhelming now, but if you ever have mood swings, tell your husband or your family members for support."

Thanking her, I leave the room and I stay in my car for minutes to text mom and Sodam eonnie about the confirmation. They are very happy for me and excited like I am because now, Jonghyun's prayers are coming true and nothing can really ruin this day. While spending my time alone inside my car as I park near the Han River, the guy who we met when I was doing my first job in SM Entertainment and one of Jonghyun's closest friend, Jung Joonyoung calls me. At first, before answering it, I think to myself as to why he wants to call me unless it is an emergency. Or something.

"Hello? Joonyoung oppa?"

"Hah-hey. I'd like you to know that Roo is with me." And eureka, she is with him indeed as I hear her little strong barks.

"Why? I thought she's with him?"

"Jonghyun wanted me to take care of her for the day. Look, I don't know what's up with him lately, but man, he's looking sullen even when he laughs or anything. Eunji-ah, you know something or...?" Joonyoung's voice is really full of concern towards him.