Chapter 17

TAEYONG

THURSDAY

Yesterday was a good day for everyone. Including for me. Yesterday, we only filmed the events that happened inside the classroom and in the school itself and because my character firstly does not like Eunji's character, I do not get to talk to her at all. I'm not saying that it is a good thing, but at the same time I am.

During the filming last night, the director and Eunji's manager was talking during our break time at an unoccupied apartment near the school. By this time, it is only me, Yuta and Eunji are needed for the shooting so that leaves us with 2 light people, 1 mic person, director and our managers eating dinner. The staff forms their own group while Mark, our director, Yuta, Eunji and Jonghyun are eating together. I hear the Mark say to our manager

"This will be her last project as a member of Bright Light."

"Eh?! Why? Did something happen to her?" Our manager stops eating due to shock and turns to her with his eyes wide asking about her health. I can not help, but to stay tunned to their conversation without making eye contact with anyone except with Yuta.

"I just think that Jonghyun needs me more than ever and I think it's important to stay with someone you love than doing what you love." She says quietly. I can tell that she is still having doubts as to whether she is saying what is really in her heart. What do I know? After all, I cant sympathize to what shes going through. Mark continues,

"But this time you're getting them both." Then all of a sudden, Yuta speaks up after drinking his cola,

"Why what's happening? I'm so confused."

That is when Mark explains everything about the plan of Eunji's departure from Bright Light and to form a duo group with Jonghyun instead. He states that fans might want what is best for both of them and think about it. It can be the highway for their relationship to be accepted by them. The more I listen to their story, I suddenly grow from this bag ball of anger and despair, to slowly letting go of her. Letting go of my feelings for her. It is wrong to have such love interest in someone who is already married. It does not matter how mad or angry you are. It does not change anything at all and I have to be honest, there are most of the days when I really do wish and hope that it does, but it makes me sound so selfish and if people can read me, they might turn their backs on me. After all, I can't make her like me even if I can because at the end of the day, giving free will is also a form of love.

Huh, what do I know? I'm just a guy in a music industry without any experience with romance.

Next thing we know,the dinner break is over and we have to go back to work. The director isolates Eunji and I to talk about how this specific scene should and will look like. Basically, this scene that belongs to the first episode is where Eunji is trying to be friends with me, but I am trying to avoid her while we are in a dance practice room. It involved a lot of eye contact. During this little "meeting", she does not hesitate to look at me and it makes me feel so uncomfortable.

"You alright with that, Taeyong-ssi?" To my surprise, she just called me by my name, not by "oppa" or the way she used to call me by my nickname, "TaeTae".

"Yes of course. Why wouldn't I be?"

I say as I turn around and get to the room where the scene will take place, but the director yells at me for not being courteous to her. He tells me that we should bond a little for five to ten minutes before the scene starts so that there will be no awkwardness between us. Is that how the actors nowadays do that especially when they are not close at all, or not anymore? I go back in again and let her follow me to the field as sit on the bench facing the sunset while Jonghyun and the rest of the staff are chilling, chatting about things. The silence is now being filled by the birds chirping, the wind whistling and the noise of rubber rubbing on the ground filled with pebbles with Eunji's shoes.