Chapter 20

JONGHYUN

MONDAY

After my older sister, Sodam promises me to look after and take care of Eunji with Bella, she follows me inside the room for me to change back to my dance practice clothes as I will be there today right after this. Everyone inside the room congratulates me for doing a good work and my manager tells me that the song is being a hit in YouTube and the views are skyrocketing as he speaks. Upon hearing this, Sodam noona becomes so excited that she can not stop hugging me and bugging me while I struggle to take off the leather jacket.

"Ah noona please! Help me get this out instead!"

"Geez, you never changed. Still a kid after all, Jonghyun."

"Ha-Ha so funny..."

I say as she helps me. In no time, she figures out why it is hard to get it out and that is due to he zipper at the back that I am unable to reach. After changing, she receives a call from her work and they say that she is now needed in the office and so, just like that, she waves goodbye to me and go back to work. It reminds me when I used to work at the radio station at midnight every week. Man, how time flies by too fast. Heading out, I see Eunji and Bella waiting for me inside the car. I speed walk towards them and I plant my hands on Bella's shoulder as she jumps from being surprised to my sudden appearance even though they look at my way and know that I am approaching them slowly.

"AH! Oppa! Don't do that anymore!"

"OH!" I widen my eyes because Bella suddenly acts, dresses and sound like Eunji's older sister who passed away thee years ago or so. I continue,

"Are you girls going somewhere? Because you have to tell me now because I have practice for my concert." I get inside the car and sit on the passenger's seat and I see them shaking their heads, but then Eunji starts to say that she wants to go home because she wants to go back to her sister's restaurant and maybe help around since she is now unemployed. That is all she have right now, so I let her, but our promise is that wherever we go, when we arrive there, wehave to text each other saying that we're safe.

"I'll stay with you Jonghyun oppa. You might need me." Then in my head she says, I think we need to get things straight with me so I'll know what to do. Don't hide behind your words anymore please Mr. Kim

"Yeah and you can have friends while you're at it. After all, you're like my friend also anyway. Is that okay?"

I ask my manager and he says that if it is a friend of mine and will not disrupt our practice it is alright so we have his green light on that. I think Eunji is getting her life straight now that she is getting older too and she is getting more mature. Make me want to leave the more I see her working hard to make a living for us. I think it is selfish to stay in this world knowing that I will only hurt the person that I love the most when she did absolutely nothing to me, but to love me unconditionally. I kiss her on the lips when we arrive at our apartment to say goodbye. When she gets inside the building, my manager tells me,

"You're lucky to have a loving wife at her age Jonghyun-ah."

"What do you mean?" I ask as he drives away from the driveway of the apartment and back on the road.

"Usually, I've seen couples who are around her age and they're just not serious at all. But whenever I see you two..Wah, seriously. You and Eunji-ssi. Earned my respect."

When I get inside the company's dance practice, all of the staff that will be helping out with my concert here in Seoul. I apologize for being late, but they excuse me since they know that I just went to a music show for us to perform the latest song for STATION. They let me have a rest for ten minutes where I can get a shut eye while they polish the plans for my last concert this year. Even if I have my eyes closed right now, hearing them talking about their ideas, rustling around from the choreographers and back up dancers-everyone has been working their hardest and I am thankful for them. They never get tired of working with me ever since my debut as a solo artist. The background noise around me makes me fall in my sleep deeper and deeper until an alarm goes off and the head of the concert gathers everyone to start practicing. This time, my concert will last for two hours and a half at least if everything goes well with the electronics that we will be using.