Laylathul Qadr (The Night of Power!)

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

‘Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon our beloved Prophet Muhammad (s.a.s), his blessed descendents and noble companions.’

                                                                      Aameen.

LAYLATHUL QADR

The most blessed Laylatul Qadr (The Night of Power) is a gift given only to the Ummah of Muhammad (SAW)!

Why did ALLAH (swt) give us this gift of Laylatul Qadr? 

Because the Sahaabah Radhi Allahu anhum (Companions) complained to Prophet SAW that other Prophets’ Ummahs before us lived longer, they were allowed to do more acts of worship etc, how then can we compete with them? That’s how Alhamdulillahi Rabbil ‘Alameen this blessed night which is equal to thousand months is given to us, every single year! To fill your book of deeds with tons upon tons of Ibaadah, ‘cause worshipping on that particular night, meaning thousand regular months is in fact means we get the reward of worshipping for over 81 years!

Laylatul Qadr is a gift to the Ummah of Muhammad (SAW), but which night is it? 

The Prophet SAW came out to inform us about the Night of Qadr but two Muslims were quarreling with each other. So, our Nabi SAW said,

"I came out to inform you about the Night of Qadr but such-and-such persons were quarreling, so the news about it had been taken away; yet that might be for your own good, so search for it on the 29th, 27th and 25th (of Ramadan). (Bukhari) 

Hazrat Aisha Radiallah Anha stated that Rasool Allah peace be upon him said,

“Look for Lailat-Ul-Qadr in the odd nights of the last ten days of Ramadhan.” (Bukhari)

Narrated By Abu Huraira r.a : Allah's Apostle SAW said,

 "Whoever establishes the prayers on the night of Qadr out of sincere faith and hoping to attain Allah's rewards (not to show off) then all his past sins will be forgiven." [Sahih Bukhari, Vol 1, Book 2, Hadith #034] 

Aishah (r.a) reported: I asked: "O Messenger of ALLAH! If I realize Lailat-ul-Qadr (Night of Decree), what should I supplicate in it?''

He (SAW) replied, "You should supplicate:

ALLAH HUMMA INNAKA A’FUVUN TUHIB BUL AFVA FA’AFU ANNI” 

(O Allah! You are the Forgiver and You love forgiveness; so forgive me).'' [At-Tirmidhi]. 

Some men amongst the Sahabah r.a of the Prophet SAW were shown in their Dreams the night of Qadr was in the last seven nights of Ramadan. Allah's Apostle SAW said, "It seems that all your dreams agree that (the Night of Qadr) is in the last SEVEN nights, and whoever wants to search for it (i.e. the Night of Qadr) should search in the last SEVEN (nights of Ramadan)" (Bukhari)