15 years too late....

When I stepped out of the bus, I was bombarded with hugs.

"I'm fine." I said pushing them away.

Then I spotted Andy.

"You..."

"Artemis I-"

I slapped him. Then I slapped him again and again until my hand was numb from the stinging.

"15 years. I waited for 15 years, for you and your family to adopt me. I stopped believing that when I turned eight. I gave up hope when I turned ten. You want to know why? I thought you hated me!"

Then I raised my sleeves.

"You see these? These are cut marks. The thought of you hating me, drove me insane. It got so bad that I almost killed myself. If Jake's parents weren't my foster parents at the time, I would've committed suicide one way or another. So if you think you can just waltz right back into my life? You're wrong."

I marched back onto the bus, and crawled into my bunk. I grabbed my iPod, looked through my playlists, and found one that conveyed what emotions I was currently feeling.

...

~~~~

I was running around the yard with Andy, playing tag.

"You can't get me!" I taunted.

Andy picked up his speed and tackled me. He helped me up.

"Sowwy."

Then him, and everything around me burst into flames.

The flames licked up every everything in its path. I screamed for my parents. But no one came. Not even the firefighters.

~~~~

When woke up, the bus was moving and everyone was asleep. I grabbed my hello kitty tank top and my batman pajama bottoms, and changed in my bunk. It wasn't no easy task.

After I changed, I crawled out of my bunk and walked to the mini-living area. I sat on the couch, and watched the scenery roll by.

"Can't sleep?"

I turned my head too see Jake standing in the doorway to the bunks.

I shook my head.

"Was it a nightmare?" Jake asked.

"No...?" I said.

"Artie, you've always been a bad liar. Which one was it?"

"Fire tag."

I've always given my nightmares names.

Jake sat next to me. He wrapped his arms around me, and I layed my head on his shoulder.

"Artie, you have to realize, the fire was not your fault."

I felt him kiss my head.

"I know that. But, Jake you don't understand what it's like when something bad happens like a house fire. I can't but help to think it was my fault." I said.

"Is she okay?"

I looked up to see CC, Jinxx, Ashley, and Andy looking at us from the bunks.

"She had a nightmare." Jake said.

The guys wondered over, and either sat next to us, or on the floor in front of us. Ashley, CC, and Jinxx were on the floor while Andy was on my left.

"Sorry I hit you." I said.

"It's alright. I would've done the same if I were you." He said.

"Anybody up for a late night bar trip?" CC asked

Every one but me and Ashley agreed.

"I'm tired. I don't want to wake up with a migraine." I said.

"And I'll keep her company." Ashley said.

After the guys left, Ashley grabbed a blanket and layed with me on the couch. He pulled me against his body, and drapped his arm over me prospectively.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine Ashley. Just seeing Andy brought up old memories. Nothing more." I said.

"Good. I don't want you to be stressed out." He said, rubbing my belly.

I joined my hand with his, before nodding off. It finally felt like my life's in order.