Home

We decided as a group to explore the Sapphire Generation. There was so many beautiful places to see and so much to do that it made sense. Popkins couldn't tell when the authorities would catch up with us, so it was best to just make the most of the time we had together. Our only rule for now was to stay together.

Mel and Popkins walked along in front, bickering as usual. She was disgruntled that he had sent her to miles eight - ten on the beach in the search for our stones. She pointed out that it was the furthest away from where he had been searching himself and he agreed, simply stating that he could only cope when they were so far away from each other. It was amusing to listen to and I knew that neither of them meant it. It was definitely getting harder for them to hide their feelings for one another.

Maisie and Miles were in front of us, chatting away. They were talking quietly compared to the other two, so I wondered if Maisie was telling him her feelings for Mel again.

I walked along with Jamie at the back of the group. My arm was thrown casually around his waist, my fingers looping in his jeans belt hook. He had his arm around my shoulder, hugging me to him as we dawdled.

"What are we going to do about those two?"

He nodded towards Popkins and Mel who we could still hear arguing. Popkins had helped us change out of the horrible Coal Jailhouse black jumpsuits ages ago. All of us were wearing jeans and different coloured t-shirts, except from the wizard himself. He was wearing a loud and bright button up shirt with pink flowers printed on, finished off with some beige trousers. His trendy spectacles framed his face once again, his raven black hair standing on end, adding to eccentric vibe. He was a total contrast to Mel and her almost white hair with pale eyes and freckles. I had to admit, they made a cute couple. But I worried about Maisie. She was Jamie's sister and she had helped us through so much. I couldn't stand the thought of her being upset.

I shrugged, pulling Jamie tighter to me as we walked along.

"I don't know really. They are like chalk and cheese but they are so right together. Maybe one day they will see sense."

Jamie chuckled, kissing me lightly on the head.

"But where would be the fun in that?" His smile at Mel and Popkins turned to a scowl as he looked at Miles and Maisie.

"I hope Mr Arrogant isn't getting any ideas. He's not good enough for my sister, not in this generation or any."

I cleared my throat, suddenly feeling awkward. I wanted to tell Jamie about what Miles had said to me after we found our Sapphires. I wanted to be honest, but I had to wait until we were alone.

"It's not like that, Miles and Maisie are friends. That's all."

Jamie turned his head, studying me. The thought that I had ever run away from him that morning after our special night, that I had even tried to hypnotise him, made me feel sick. He made my heart beat so fast I felt like it would burst. He made my knees weak. The way he looked at me couldn't even be described, most of the time he looked in my soul rather than at me. The thought of ever losing him again, of ever having to see him tortured once more was too much. He was my everything.

"How do you know? I wouldn't put it past him to hit on her. He strikes me as a sleazy..."

"Jamie!" I cut him off before he could call Miles something unfavourable. "He's not sleazy and trust me, it's not like that. Maisie....she....she wants different things."

He raised an eyebrow.

"Different things? What's that supposed to mean?"

I didn't really know how to answer that. Miles had told me about Maisies feelings for Mel, and he had told me that it wasn't a secret. But I didn't think it was my place to say any more.