Chapter 41

So Exam week is over. Thank God. But now I’m stuck here at my apartment, waiting to hear from anyone who was still on campus. I hadn’t talked to Will in a while and I was actually grateful for that. I assumed he was already off campus and back at home. Jake was gone from my life for good, or at least I hoped so. Nicks left to go see her abundant family back in Cleveland. And here I was, sitting my empty apartment waiting for nothing really.

The court date to prosecute Marcus was a few days away and I was nothing but nervous about the whole thing.  I bounced my leg up and down as I sat on my couch, flipping through channels and ultimately switching over to Netflix to watch some TLC shows.

I jumped when I heard a knock on my door. I had been leaving the door unlocked lately, which was a bad habit that left me in a bad situation, but I had recently started locking it every chance I got.  The second knock came and I got up from the couch, checking through the peephole. Harry was standing there. I quickly opened the door and he stepped inside, past me.

“Uh, hello?” I laughed a little, closing the door back up and locking it. “I thought you would be going somewhere for fall break?”

“Nope. Staying here.” He said and it reminded me that his sister did briefly mention that he would be staying even though she was going home. “Liam is here too, but everyone else seems to be gone.” He was right. Even my neighbor, Caroline, was gone. Though, I never really saw her much anyways. “Oh, and I’m going to court with you.” He said, walking over to my fridge and pulling out a water bottle.

“You are?” I asked, pacing over to him.

“Well, I can’t be in the court room, but I’ll be outside.” He chugged the water and when he was done I launched myself at him and hugged him tightly. I wrapped his arms around me and I smiled into his chest. “Does that sound good?”

“That sounds amazing. You’re the best.” I got up on my toes and kissed Harry lightly.

“Well, I figured since I was there from the beginning, I could be there to the end. Well, sort of.” He shrugged and dropped his arms. “Plus, Liam needs me to drive him since Danielle took off with his car.”

“Are they-“ I had heard about the fights before, but I hadn’t realized that things were getting that bad. “Wait, never mind. It’s none of my business anyways.” I shook away any nagging thought about Liam and Danielle’s relationship. Being nosy is never any good.

“At least I’m not the one who ruined that one.” Harry said lightly, laughing like it was some kind of joke. I rolled my eyes at him, which was something that I did very often. “Heh, what? I’m trying to bring a better mood into this place.” He spun on his feet, motioning to the entirety of my apartment. He then got very close to me and held my by my arms. “Or would you like something else to lighten to mood.” His breath tickled the skin of my cheek and I batted my eyelashes up at him.

“Hmm?”

“That’s that I thought.” He smirked, picking me up form the ground and carrying me over to the bedroom for a second round.

--

Shit. Shit. Shit. I’m going to be late. I ran around my apartment looking for a specific pair of heels that matched the outfit I was wearing. They were simple and black. I needed them to finish my professional look. After all, this was the day. Court day. Finally, after so much hassle and fears of Marcus returning, he was going to be put in jail.