Secrets // Pt. 1

ZAYN'S POV

I listened as Liam gave me directions to Megan's house. Why didn't I just let him drive? I don't know..

Seemed like we were detectives or something. Yet, we were the only ones who I guess cared enough to

find out why Ashley killed herself. She seemed fine, always. I wonder if Alexia has something to do with it. How could she though? She hasn't even been in school.

"Okay.. It's this house, right there." Liam said.

"There's her car too." I added.

"Well what are we gonna do? Just sit here. We gotta go in!" Louis said.

"Alright.. lets go.." I said.

We went up to the door spending like 5 minutes, debating on who should ring the doorbell. I finally just got tired of it, and rang it myself. It took a minute but, after a while her mom came to the door.

"Uhm. Hi, Mrs. Watston." Liam said.

"I'm Liam. A friend of Megan's, we had a science project together." He finished.

"Hello, Liam!" She said and shook his hand.

"Who are these guys?" Mrs. Watson.

"We are friends of hers also.." Louis lied.

We didn't like Megan. Just because she hung out with Ashley, and acted like her. Nobody liked her but, Ashley. It's gonna be pretty funny when she goes back to school, as has nobody to hangout with.

"Oh.. Well what do you need?" She asked.

"We need to talk to Megan.." Liam carried on.

"About... Ashley." She suggested.

"Yes.. if that is okay." I said, figuring that my silence would've made her suspicious.

"I'm not sure that's the best idea.. Ashley was Megan's only REAL friend. You might have been in projects with her but, her and Ashley had been friends since 3rd grade." Mrs. Watson lectured.

"We promise that it won't be anything bad towards her. We know that shes fragile right now." I said.

"You sure.." She questioned.

"Yes ma'am." We all said.

"Okay.. There is an hour before dinner so, get all of the information you need now."

She finally let us in the house after what seemed like an hour.

"Her room is up the stairs, first door on the right." That was the last thing she said to us.

Liam led us up the steps, trying to be as quiet as possible. When we reached Megan's door all you could hear was muffled sobs. She was taking this kinda hard.

Liam quietly knocked on the door. Which nobody could hear because, she was crying and his knocks were too soft.

This time I knocked a little bit louder, and that's when the door creaked open.

"Why.. Why are you guys here?" Megan finally got out between cries.

"Because, you know something that we don't. Something that everyone wants to know." Louis answered.

"I know a lot of things that people don't know. I did kind of run the school." She laughed.

"No you didn't. Ashley did, and what we want to know is why she ran away from that life, and killed herself." I yelled.

"Zayn, man.. Calm down. Her mom already said that she was fragile, and as you can see she is." Liam said to me.

"Sorry, mate.. I just wanna get this information and leave. Alexia's visiting day is today, so there is no time to waste." I said

"You want to know why Ashley killed herself?" Megan asked.

"Obviously!" I yelled once again.

"Well.. I'll tell you. Only if you promise to take me to see Alexia with you." She was serious.

"No way!" I said at the same time that Liam said.

"Deal"

"You have to tell us first though." Liam said.

"Okay.. I can trust you, you seem like the lesser evil." She said.

"He's always been." Louis said, after his 10 minutes of silence.

"Okay.. Well Ashley killed herself because of Alexia." Megan sided.

"What?! What has Alexia ever done to her." I defended.

"No..Nothing bad like that. As you might know, Ashley and Alexia use to be bestfriends. Then, Ashley turned on her." Megan explained.

"Yeah, we know.." Louis bugged.

"Well, when Ashley heard that Alexia was in the hospital she figured it was her fault. She fell into a really low state of depression, and talked a lot less. She wanted to apologize to Alexia but, she never got the chance as you can see." She continued.

"Is that it?" Liam asked.

"Then, when she heard that she was in rehab that's when it got worst. See, rehab was a place Alexia said she would never go. Ashley said that she was frankly terrified, that she would be locked up in a room with white padded walls. Then, everyone would think she was crazy." She kept going.

"Now, Ashley knew that since Alexia was in the one place that she feared the most, she would never forgive her. She said that she couldn't live with that guilt on her chest.. so she didn't" Megan finished.

"I doubt it was all Ashley's fault. I mean, she could've did something to effect her but, not all." Louis explained.

"Does anyone know why Alexia started cutting in the first place?" I asked.

"No.. not exactly. I think it had something to do with her Dad though." Megan said.

I wondered how she knew so much about Alexia to hate her. Ashley must have told her lots of stuff.

"Her Dad.. Alexia never mentioned her dad." Liam said.

"Ashley never told me much about him. She just said that he was a terrible man. Do you think Alexia or her mom would tell us?" Megan asked.

"Yeah.. We need to go though. We still have to find a way to get Harry's crippled body, and Niall into the car." I said.

"With the kind of car I have, they will all fit." Liam said.

"Well, okay! Megan lets go." Louis escorted her out of her own bedroom & we were on our way.

Megan first stopped by the kitchen where her mom was making dinner. She told her that she was coming with us, and would be home later. There seemed to be no problem with that.

Now, all that's left was a long drive back to the house with more of Liam's terrible directions.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Okay, so the next chapter will introduce new characters!!

Sorry, that it took me so long to write this..

I love you guys! ❤️

Twitter// @kiansharry

Instagram// @harryswife_x

*The Kim Kardashian game, is taking up my time...*