Chapter Nine

Not many people were happy to see me when I got home. My old friend Candice was giving me a bunch of hate on my Facebook so I just deleted it. She was still sending me a bunch of hateful texts.

     My parents were furious. They ended up kicking me out after a bunch of arguing. I was really mad too, so I packed up my stuff and left that day. I didn't know where to go. I took out about a hundred dollars from my bank account and called up Lia. She didn't answer though. Eventually I got a hold of one of my old friends and crashed at their apartment nearby. She was totally fine with it. 

     The first night I stayed there I was woken up at three in the morning by my cellphone ringing. "Hello?" I groggily answered it.

     "It's Lia."

     "Oh, hey!" I said, immediately awake. "What happened? What's up?"

     "My parents are kicking me out after my birthday, which, by the way, I can't celebrate!" she exclaimed in a hushed tone. "They've taken away all of my electronical stuff and I'm not allowed to go anywhere."

     "Wouldn't your phone be an electronical device? How are you calling me right now?"

     "I snuck out, and I'm at that diner down the street."

     "I wonder why your parents don't trust you." I joked. She laughed slightly. "What are you going to do?"

     I could hear her sigh through the phone. "I don't know."

     I couldn't just leave my best friend to be kicked out on the street. "OK," I said to her. "How about in the morning, I'll talk to the girl who's letting me stay at her apartment and I'll see if you can stay with us."

     "Yes!" she exclaimed. "Yes! Oh my god, thank you!"

     I laughed. "No problem. Now go home before you get caught." 

     "OK, bye!" She then hung up. I fell back asleep after a little while.

     The next morning I had made myself some tea and asked to talk to my roommate, Laura, before she left for work. I asked her if Lia could stay for a while. She said yes, but she wanted to talk to Lia's parents first. "I'll stop by her house when I get home from work." she said.

     "OK, just don't mention that I'm staying here. I don't think Lia's parents are very happy with me." I said. 

     "Why?" Laura asked. I explained the situation to her, including my boyfriend and his famous band. "Oh, I've heard of One Direction. They're cute." I laughed. Though Laura was a couple years older than me, she was always a great friend. "Which one is your boyfriend?"

     "The blonde Irish one, Niall." I said. She wiggled her eyebrows at me. I laughed and hit her arm lightly. She said goodbye and left for work then.

     "I'm home!" Laura yelled hours later when she got back. I got up from where I was on the couch and went over to her. "So I went to Lia's house and talked to her parents." I motioned for her to go on. "Her parents said no." I sighed. "But I have good news." I perked up a little.

     "What?" I asked.

     "I found a little stray pet on the street." Laura reached her arm into the other room and dragged in Lia by  the collar of her shirt. Lia was on her hands and knees and had her tongue hanging out like a dog. "Can we keep her?" Lia barked. We all started laughing and Lia stood up, brushing her hands off.

     "My parents were fine with it." she said. She brought her suitcase and a couple of boxes in from the other room.

     We talked for a while, about what we were going to do next, what to watch on TV, and most of all, the guys. We didn't know if we should go see them or if we should wait. They hadn't said a word to us, which was worrying. Lia and I were really confused. Laura ordered some Chinease food for the three of us as we watched some chick flicks. The apartment only had two rooms, so Lia crashed on the couch.