Chapter Fourteen

Alexander

She had slept through the rest of the battle. I was so proud to see them hit our barricades over and over and surge into our cave system only to be shoved out, and eventually retreat, I was proud that my Alpha came up with those battle plans.

They had shoved me in the sea, I thought they were trying to kill me, only after four of their men were dead they told me to clean up.

And now I was kneeling on the forest floor in black pants and a white shirt, a few feet to my left was Rayas mate, I took no small amount of satisfaction in seeing him in silver chains as I was.

And in front of us both, Raya. Chained in the same manner as she was to the stake. But more chains. Bigger. And from the blood coating them, tighter. If not for the chain across her forehead, her head would have fallen forward and her windpipe would have been crushed.

They were all going to die for it.

The witch walked into our little clearing with a flock of guards flanking her. They all had hideous chainmail armor on, bearing an eagle insignia.

"Time to wake the sleepy princess isn't it?" She said in a cheery voice. What looked to be black shards of glass caressed her hand, and rushed to Rayas' head. They turned to liquid like oil, dancing like snakes they entered her ears and eyes. My alphas scream echoed through the woods- terror in its rawest form. I strained against the chains snarling like one of the witches demonic beasts.

Blood rushed down her face flowing from her eyes mixing with her tears. The tang of rage coated the air, not mine I realized, but her mates. It escapes my mind sometimes that he has the ability to care for more than her body. Glancing over to him I could see the chains cutting into his flesh, he was struggling as hard as he could.

My attention snapped back to Raya as she said, "Don't--" she said gasping for air like she was being drowned. "Don't hurt them." She begged, her voice trembled but somewhere buried deep in her gaze towards the witch was defiance.

"Only one." The witch said with the smile of the devil. "You see Rayla." She walked slowly toward me, her fingers landed on my shoulder, tracing my Jaw and the back of my neck as she walked behind me, I jerked my head to bite her hand off but she anticipated the move and went back over to her little club of guards.

She jerk her head and an archer moved forward, terror filled Rayas eyes as he stood next to her and pulled an arrow.

My heart dropped.

"Who could you not live without?" I dropped my head down in defeat. Troy was right. I should have told her how I felt, how much I loved her, how amazing she was, the way I thought she was perfection Every little detail down to her laugh or the way she hummed when she did work. How she saved me. How losing my mate had dragged me so far down into an abyss that I should never have been able to get out. Until she smiled and I rembered I wanted to live. I wanted to fight. To breath. For her. And only her.

And then. As these thoughts filled my head she answered. "Alexander." Without a whisper of doubt.

=== === ===

Alexander stared at me, I hadn't thought, I didn't need to think. The answer was so simple. I would rather lose my other half then my universe.

Yelosa nodded her head and her archer shot. Terror filled my mates eyes- until Alexander ripped away from the chains binding him and jumped in front of the arrow.

=========

Hey guys!

As I was writing this chapter I got into an argument with my cousin, C, I love you. But I'm never going to like sweet tea. And if my rear is small then fine. I like big books and I cannot lie. Not big butts. Also my beloved father threatened one of my friends and that was fun, so guys a little family tip- stay away from family. Or they will put a handful of sugar in your perfect un-sweet tea, interrupt your writing time, and you will learn your father has scary knives. Let me know if you guys have crazy families like this too in the comments!

MtPalmTree out!

(Long live unsweet tea!!)