Chapter Eight

Alexander

The rest of the night was a blur, so quickly it passed by. I ran back to the village, most of the wolves had already left with injured, the last were leaving carrying their archers.

I had run into the village and started barking orders. I luckily found only half burnt pants for myself and a shirt for Raya. Matthew begrudgingly gave me a ride back, I knew they wanted answers, but this......... this was Raya and Raya's business only until she decided it concerned our pack.

The cave we call the medical bay was over following and running out of resources. I'd need to take a team and visit the nearest human village to get more supplies.

I pondered all of this while sitting by her side as she slept in bed.

I wrung my wrists, they aced and so did my back from the silver chains.

I couldn't shift while they touched me, I knew silver was dangerous, but I had no idea the extent of it.

I glanced to my alpha. She had been chained so tightly, from her shoulders to her ankles, so tightly that when her armor melted they still held her firm. She had chain imprints all up and down her body.

I clenched my jaw so tightly that it hurt. I had stayed. My wolf took over and wouldn't let me go with her. And so I stayed there. Whimpering like a kicked puppy. And she almost died because of it. My stupidity. My cowardice. It almost got her killed. I would never forgive myself for letting her walk into danger alone.

I watched her chest rise and fall. It scared me so much, seeing her up there, and when she saw me she just cried.

And her Mate. He just laughed. I had never taken a real liking to him. But now I wanted to make him scream the way his mate did when she was unconscious and they wrapped that chain around her and made me watch.

But I would never hurt him. Never lay a finger on him. It would destroy her the way it destroyed me until she came and put me back together.

It's why I would never tell her how much I loved her. It would hurt her too much to have to deal with it, to say no.

I looked at the face I would give anything for. I would sell my soul if it made her happy. I would sell out the world if it made her smile.

=========

Hey guys, its short I know I'm writing this between flights, I might have the time to write another if my flight gets delayed, tell me what you think and if you have any ideas about what might happen next or suggestions for things you'd like to see in the future for this book and\or its series!

MtPalmTree out!