Chapter One: The Beginning

To anyone reading this story, it is currently being edited from the first chapter and so on! There may be some mistakes right now, but eventually it will be fixed! Don't give up on the story just yet!

Description:

My name is Jessie Bishop and I'm a Junior in high school at the age of 16. I'm moving to a small place in California called Beacon Hills with my father. We're moving because he can't handle the memories of my mother from our old home. She left us when I was 8 and now, 8 years later, I'm being forced to move. I'll be attending Beacon Hills High and I'm unsure what to expect. It seems like a decent place to end up, but for all I know it could turn out to be my worst nightmare or a dream come true... Continue to read about Jessie and see if she will fall hard or if someone special will catch her on her way down.

(Jessie is being portrayed by Shailene Woodley.)

CHAPTER 1: THE BEGINNING

Jessie's POV

I sighed as I saw a sign that read WELCOME TO BEACON HILLS. I glanced over at my dad and I spoke my mind.

"Dad did we really have to move here? I know we had to leave the memories of mom, but why leave-" I started.

"No, Jessie. Stop talking. We have gone over this a million times and I don't want to keep talking about it. If you could just drop it I would be so grateful."

I looked over at his green eyes and greying hair; I just huffed and said in a smart-ass tone, "So, really you are just saying to shut the hell up?"

He rolled his eyes at me and kept his attention on the road ahead.

We continued driving down the paved path to see cookie cutter houses. I rolled down the window once again because I was starting to sweat in my dad's stupid old car. I rolled my neck around to let it crack in about 5 places. I heard my dad say 'ouch!' but I just smiled and shook my head.

I huffed. "Are we there yet?"

My dad gave me a death glare and said, "About 30 more minutes."

I placed a pillow on my side of the car and rested my head on it as I drifted to sleep.

Jessie's Dream

I walked around, looking everywhere, unaware of my surroundings.

I spoke up, "Okay, guys. Get your asses out here. I know, haha, jokes on me."

But I got nothing in response. No crickets, no birds, no sound whatsoever. I walked along the woods, touching the trees as I passed by. I heard a snap and I turned around. As if in slow motion, I was trampled down. I flipped around so I was sitting, my arms holding me up.

I saw a black figure out the corner of my eye. "What do you want?!" I screamed, my voice trembling.

"What I have always wanted." The deep voice said as the black figure grew into a human one.

He slowly walked toward me and I scooted backwards trying to get away. He only chuckled and grabbed my legs. He scraped down my legs while I screamed in pain. I tried digging my fingers into the ground to get away, but the voice kept getting closer and closer.

"Oh, Jessie. I know you more than you would think. All I ever wanted was that one simple thing."

"I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!" I managed to scream, but my voice started to crack.

I slowly stood up and limped away not looking back, but I had to know if he was still following me. As I turned around I saw nothing but the trees that surrounded me.