Chapter 2: The Fallen

CHAPTER 2: THE FALLEN

Derek's POV

The number you are calling in unavailable at the moment. Leave your message at the tone, *beep*.

"Laura, it's Derek. We need to talk. Soon. Call me back when you get this message." I grumbled and continued to drive past the WELCOME TO BEACON HILLS sign.

"There's so many places in the world, Laura, and you choose to come here." I mumbled to myself.

I continued down the road and soon I was at my house, well, burnt house that I used to live in. I had been here as a kid all the way to my teenage years. It was my home until I met the one girl that would ruin my life; Kate Argent. 

I shook my head trying to get the sheriffs words out of my head. "Laura, Derek. We are sorry to tell you, but there has been a fire at your home. We believe that your whole family was trapped inside and were unable to escape. We're very sorry."

I slammed my hand onto the dashboard, making a dent.

"Great, just great. Fantastic, actually, Derek. You screw up everything. Your car, your family, everything!"

I got out of my car and I stood there in  front of my old home for a moment before I opened up my trunk and grabbed my duffle bag. I headed towards the house filled with memories, sadness, and grief.

As soon I entered my old home I caught my older sister, Laura's, scent.

"Well, well, well. Look who decided to show up and help out his big sister." I knew that voice all too well.

I turned around to see Laura standing in the door way, smirking. "Why else would I show up?" I replied while tilting my head to the side.

"Don't I get a hello, or how have you been, Laura? Not even a hug?" she said with a hint of annoyance in her tone.

"Hello." I spoke in a monotone voice while going up stairs.

*3 hours later*

Laura's POV

I walked up the stairs to see my little brother snoring with papers all around him on his bed.

"Typical Derek." I scoffed to myself while I  walked over to him and kissed his forehead, ever so lightly brushing his hair back out of his face. "Good night, Derek." I whispered.

I head out the door to journey into the woods. As I head down a path I stumbled over a log.

"Damn it." I grumbled. I looked back up and stood still. I was seeing the one person I least expected; my uncle, Peter Hale.

"Peter? Is that you, Peter?"

He turned around and bared his teeth. I backed away and then thought, 'I'm the alpha not him'. I glowed my red eyes and growled at my uncle. His strength was no match for me, at least, that's what I thought.

I swiped at him a few times, but failing every attempt. Peter slashed my side and kicked my leg. I fell to the ground and he looked down at me. I tried to crawl away and I heard my uncle's voice. "Pathetic. I thought an alpha like you would be stronger."

I rose from the ground and extended my claws, slashing his face, but he didn't move. His face was filled with anger and he slashed my neck from the side.

I fell to the ground and he slashed my legs enabling me to move. I turned so I was on my back and I watched as the person I once knew and loved was killing me.

"Oh my little Laura, you made a huge mistake coming out here on a full moon. Tell the family I said hi." My breath hitched in my throat and I looked up and spoke four soft words.