chapter 9

"How could they be gone?" Grabbing the papers from Patrick's hand I looked at them front to back seeing that they were old papers filled with nothing but news.

"Did you actually check the papers last night?"

"No I just saw that the folder was there, I didn't think that they were gone. I thought she would've taken the whole thing."

"So you have no idea when she even took them?"

I rolled my eyes and left the room before going back downstairs. "Hey mom would you mind me borrowing the car today?"

"No, go ahead. Is there something wrong?"

"No. Why?"

"You look very tired and frustrated."

"I didn't get a lot of sleep, I didn't feel good. But I'm fine."

I grabbed the keys and went to the car to see that Patrick wasn't that far behind. "What are you doing?"

"I'm going to the police."

"And your going to tell them what?"

"That I'm being set up."

"Look I support you with whatever, but that's not a smart move. We can get the copies printed again and hand them straight to the police."

"So she can get away with what she's doing? What if something else pops up? And something else happens? I can't risk that. I don't trust her anymore and I'm not letting anything get past her."

"How can we prove that she has stolen them? Our only proof went out the door when she took those copies, we don't have anything."

"Well we have to figure something out. But I'm going to the police regardless."

Pulling off from my house I made my way to the station. We both got out and walked inside waiting for someone to assist us. A lot of things were going through my head right now. I couldn't even wrap my mind around the fact that Kristina really took the copies.

Even while I was a few feet away from her she didn't seem to care. I just want to know what her motive is. What reason could she possibly be doing this and at what lengths is it going to continue.

"Ms. Miller."

I looked and saw Detective Phil standing there waiting. I slowly walked over and decided to speak. "I have to talk to you about something important."

"Regarding?"

"Regarding me and the relations to Ethan's disappearance."

"Follow me."

"He has to come with me too."

He looked towards Patrick and nodded before moving. We followed him to his office and both sat down.

"What do you have to tell me?"

Patrick grabbed my hand and gave it a small rub which urged me to speak.