chapter 6 - drinking budies

Jungkook's perspective

I drove to school in silence. A million thoughts rushing through my head.

This boy.

Taehyung.

I couldn't get him out of my brain.

——
Science class went fast and Tae and I didn't exchange many words.

We walked to lunch together. As I walked next to him, it occurred to me that he smelled amazing. Some sort of cologne I guessed. He was me all night though...where did he keep cologne? Maybe it was in his backpack or locker. But it wasn't important.

We reached the cafeteria and I sat next to Tae again. all the boys I had met yesterday were all there. All but Hoseok, I think his name was.

I started my lunch as the others held conversations between themselves. Tae being unusually quiet. I didn't listen to their conversation until I heard,

"So what are you guys?" I looked up to be met with Yoongi's brown eyes. I sat for a second not knowing what to say. We were friends, right? Should I say that? But before I could answer,

"We're drinking buddies." Tae said laughing.

"Really...?" Yoongi said with a blank face and a monotone. "I don't believe you Taehyung. Not even for a second."

I sat there in thought. Was I really just a drinking buddy to Tae? We had only drunk together twice. That's not really enough to give us a title like that.

"Well-believe it." Taehyung said shooting a snarky comment back at Yoongi.

Tae looked over to me with a smile. I just wanted to ask him,

Are we really just drinking buddies?

But I didn't. I just looked back down at my food, no longer hungry.

——
Taehyungs perspective

School was finally over. I wanted to see Jungkook. I wanted to apologize about earlier.

We aren't just drinking buddies Kook. At least...I don't want to be just that.

I made my way to the college parking lot. I wanted to catch him before he left.

Shit. How was I supposed to find his car? School had just been let out so there were hundreds of students walking around campus, and cars leaving.

I pulled out my phone and called him.

Ring.

Ring.

Come on pick up. Pick up.

Ri-

"Hello?"

Finally.

"Kook! Um...can I talk to you? Where's your car? I'm in the parking lot."

"Oh, I'm in the coffee shop. You can come here if you wan-"

"Okay I'm on my way" I hung up and sprinted in the direction of the college coffee shop.

——
Jungkook's perspective

Phone call ended-

What the fuck was that about.

I didn't really want to talk to him, guessing he wanted to talk about earlier since it left on such an awkward note. But I didn't have a choice to say no, he was already on his way here. I sat, staring out the window, a caramel macchiato in hand.

I noticed Tae running up. I laughed. He looked so out of breathe but he stood up and took a deep breathe before walking in. I guess he didn't realize I could see him through the tinted windows.

He quickly found me and walked towards my table, taking a seat across from me.

"Kook.." He said, still trying to catch his breathe. "Go on a date with me."

"W-what..?"

"Something about you....I want to know more about you."

"There's a lot you don't know about me Taehyung."

"And I want to find out."

"...Okay."

"You'll go on a date with me?"

"Yes." Tae's face instantly lit up with my reply. He looked at me with such passion. It made me giddy. I blushed and looked down, grabbing my cheeks to hide them from the older.

"Tomorrow night at 6. I'll pick you up."

Luckily tomorrow was Saturday so I had all day to panic and pick out an outfit before my first date.

I was a virgin in so many ways. Never had sex, never had a boyfriend, never went on a date, never- I stopped myself there before I got too deep in my thoughts.

"Okay." I said with a calm smile.

Oh Taehyung.

There is so much you don't know about me.

And I'm scared you won't like the other parts of me.

The parts of myself that I don't like.

The unloveable parts of me.

The parts that can't love.