chapter 4 - pretty

Taehyung's perspective

Finally. I thought to myself. I was home. I threw my shoes off and ran upstairs, flopping myself onto my bed like it was my first time seeing it. I snuggled myself into the sheets. I thought about my last conversation with Jungkook, too bad I didn't see him for the rest of the day. I decided to shoot him a text.

Message:
Hey bunny boy. Sorry if I was asking
too much earlier. Don't run away.
Please.

I set my phone down, and stared up at the white ceiling. Why was it easier to talk to Jungkook when he was drunk. I flipped on my stomach and buried my head into my pillow. Why did this guy get to me so much? I don't even know him. The only way to get to him was through alcohol. It wasn't a good one, but an idea came to Taehyung's head.

Message:
Want to go out for drinks tonight?

Shit. Was that a bad idea? That thought shot out of his head once he read the incoming text:

Bunny Boy:
Sure. Nighttime pub?

Nighttime pub? Why did Jungkook want to go there? Tae thought about it for a minute.

Message:
Sounds good. Meet me there at 8.

——
Jungkook's perspective

I took my phone out for the tenth time.

7:33 p.m. it read.

I guess I should get ready. Why did I even agree to go? What was the point. What was it about Taehyung that made me do things I didn't want to. Shit.

I opened my closet, letting my eyes scan all my clothes. It isn't a date, but should I still dress nice...?

I decide on a plain white t-shirt and some ripped black skinny jeans. This time, sporting white converse instead of Timbs.

I headed down the stairs and out the door. I sat in my car for a few minutes before starting it up. Why the fuck was I nervous?? It's not a date, I repeated.

——
Taehyung's perspective

I looked down at my phone. 8:03 p.m. He'll be here any minute. As if on cue, a skinny boy wearing a white shirt walked in. I watched him as he scanned the room, knowing he was looking for me. We made eye contact and I smiled. He looked good. Fuck. Why was I thinking that? I shook the thought as he walked over.

"Hi" he seated himself.

"Hey. What do you want to drink?"

"...Jin and tonic?"

"Classy" I laughed and flagged the waiter down. We sat in awkward silence.

"To answer your question....I do think your pretty." He said looking down. My eyes widened and I couldn't look away from him. I watched as he rubbed his neck awkwardly. I didn't know what to say.

"...Thank you." I said, grinning, "You are-"

"Here's your jin and tonic sir." Thanks waiter. I shot him a look but he didn't notice as he set the drink down. Quickly walking away.

——
The night went fast. Seven drinks later and it was already 11. I looked over at Jungkook who was obviously drunk. Again. He was definitely more of a lightweight than me.

"You're drunk already? Ha. You had less than me!" I said, having a bit of trouble getting through my words. He laughed and slammed his hands on the table, making me jump. I watch as he stands up and points at me, "You...you should-hiccup-haaaa...you should come home with me!" I laughed as I watched him stumbling around, before realizing he was heading towards the door. Shit. I stand up and quickly head to his side, grabbing his arm.