Chapter 9

Rose POV

The next morning I woke up before him to go get some breakfast. I brought it back and he was wide awake, sitting shirtless flipping through channels. I definitely wouldn't get tired of that view. He smiled at me and I placed the bagel and coffee down in front of him.

"Morning person now Roza?" I laughed.

"Comes with the mom title" the room grew quiet and I cleared my throat and sat in the chair next to the bed. "So I think we should talk about some things, I have a child" he gave me a small smile.

"It's fine Roza, regardless of who the father is, I'll be there for both of you." I rolled my eyes.

"The father is you, dumbass. Do the math she's five, how long ago did you leave?" He sat shocked, not saying anything I stood up and moved closer to make sure he was still alive. He wrapped his big arms around me and held me close. "I need to breath comrade" he released a little bit still didn't let go. I slowly hugged back.

"How Roza?" I sighed and sat on the bed next to him.

"Since I'm shadow kissed, it altered my genetics and made it possible to have a child with another dhampir. I had Lissa steal your DNA when you visited a little after Serena was born, she's definitely yours. I didn't think it was possible, I thought I could get pregnant by a toilet seat before you, but the court doctors soon found the answer" he looked into my eyes before bringing his lips to mine. The kiss was full of love, but hungry for more. I kissed back, I missed his lips. My comrades lips.

"Roza, I love you so much. I love our daughter too, I don't know her much yet. But I love her." I shed some tears and buried my face in his chest. Stupid lovable Russian. The nurse came in with the discharge papers, giving him prescriptions for pain killers and instructions for aftercare. We signed out, and he tried to walk out but quickly got chastised by an older nurse, she got him a wheelchair and made him sit. I laughed as he grumbled and I pushed him to my car. He got in the passenger side and I brought the wheelchair back. I got in and started the car.

"So which car did you wreck?" Please don't be a good one, I'll cry.

"Bentley" Yup I'm gonna cry.

"Wow comrade, just stab me next time" he laughed and I pulled out and onto the rode heading home. Time to tell Serena about her dad.

🥀