Chapter 10

Rose POV

"So your my daddy?" Serena looked up at Dimitri, ice cream melted all over her face. He smiled and nodded. "That's so cool, I have so much stuff to tell you. And I can show you all my toys and we can play together!" She dropped her spoon on the plate and climbed into Dimitri's lap hugging him. I almost cried, the love in his eyes as he hugged her back made my heart skip beats. They were so cute.

After we got back to the court, I decided it was best to go get Serena and bring her home and tell her. Before we left Lissa's, she insisted on healing Dimitri. So he was good as new. When we got back to the house I made Serena some waffles with ice cream, her favorite and sat her down and told her everything. She reacted very well clearly. "Daddy will you come to my room! I wanna show you everything!!"

"Of course, baby girl. Let's go." She hopped off his lap and ran up the stairs Dimitri shot me a smile before going after her. I decided to clean up the mess when my phone rang, it was Jason. Fuck. I'll call him back later, explaining everything in person might be better.

~ NEXT DAY ~

I woke up to the smell of bacon and my stomach rumbled Dimitri wasn't in bed next to me so he must be cooking. Last night we caught up on everything that we both missed in each other's lives, I received seven more molonija marks since I last saw him and he wanted to know every detail. He talked about signing up for Christian's guardian detail to make everything easier, and how it was a god awful living with Tasha for the last few years. I tried not to make any smart comments, but we all know that was impossible.

"Mommy!! Come on, foods downstairs" my daughter bounced out of my room and I laughed. I got out of bed and threw my robe on. I headed downstairs to see a shirtless Dimitri at the stove, his muscles rippled as he flipped a pancake and my mouth watered. I just want to bite him. I sat down at the table and he came over with a plate and set it in front of me. He kissed my forehead.

"Good morning Roza" I smiled I don't think I'll ever get tired of hearing that.

"Morning Comrade, I forgot how good of a cook you were" I smiled and dug in.

"Mommy, daddy said we can get a doggy!" I shot him a look, he knew animals and me were rocky. He gave me a sheepish smile.

"She was watching puppy dog pals and she said she wanted one. There's no harm in a small little puppy." O boy was I gonna get his ass back for this.

"If you want babe, but the puppy is gonna be mainly your responsibility!" She bounced in her seat.

"Okay!!! I can't wait to tell Cassy!" She smiled before jumping from her seat and heading towards the house phone. I looked at Dimitri.

"You are gonna owe me one for that" he laughed and started to clear the table. My phone rang and it was none other than Jason again. Damn. "I have to go talk to Jason, explain everything and clear some things up" Dimitri grumbled and I walked behind him, sliding my arms around his waist. "Don't worry, your my guy. And when I get back maybe I'll show you some appreciation" he turned around engulfing me in a hug. He leaned down and kissed me, lips moving against mine. I pulled back and smiled up at him.

"Go on, hurry up" I smiled and stepped back walking upstairs and getting dressed. I stepped outside and started walking towards Jason's. When I arrived his apartment door was wide open. Weird.

"Jason?" No answer, I stepped further in the place looking around. I took my phone out to call him. Suddenly the door slammed behind me, I jumped around to see no one. Before I could react my head started to feel fuzzy. Fuck someone drugged me. I look down to see the needle in my arm before completely loosing consciousness.

🥀