(24)

Aubree's POV

"You're pregnant now?" someone asks. I turn around and see my friend Leah.

"Yeah, I am" I say.

"When are you getting rid of it?"

"Never. I'm keeping and raising my baby"

"Why?"

"Because, Lee, this is my kid"

"What about college? Cheer leading? I don't know...an actual future"

"I'm done with cheerleading. I'm getting a job after it's born and I'm going to college when it's older. Like in school"

"This is a bad idea, Bree. Think about it"

"I heard her heartbeat. I saw her. I can't just...just throw her away"

"As long as you really think about it. Just think about adoption?"

"No, Lee. I'm not getting rid of my baby. She's a human, she's not just one of the many boyfriends we've had that we just throw away when we're bored of them"

"Exactly. It's a human, Aubree. A human baby. Not a prize. Not a toy. This is the rest of your life so you need to make sure you want the baby because she's your kid and you love her. Not because you aren't willing to let go of Parker"

"I want her because I love her. She's not a prize to me, she's not something to keep Parker with me. I gave Parker an out, he didn't take it. He stayed and I'm so grateful for that but I didn't even think he would consider staying"

"Just remember, Parker is in love with Ben. I've never seen him look or act like that with anyone. He loves him more than....anyone"

"You think I'm jealous of Ben? They are literally my OTP. I shipped them before they even started hanging out"

"Before that Parker bullied Ben a lot"

"Yes, but he also cared about him even if he didn't realize it. He's the one that always took Ben to the hospital instead of leaving him there. You could see the chemistry I guess. They've always loved each other it just took them a while to figure it out"

"If you knew Parker liked Ben, why'd you stay with him?"

"Because I know Parker, I think it helped me realize he was in love with Ben. Feeling more for Ben than he did for me, coming to terms with his feelings enough that he would break up with me. I've had this planned since I was like 10. I asked their teacher to sit them next to each other in ELA and it actually worked. They're together and I do happy dances every day"

"Wow. You are....genius? And also crazy"

"I know. When I told them they laughed so hard and thanked me. Also, I almost killed Ben"

"What?! How?!"

"I probably should've waited till he swallowed the water in his mouth. I don't have the best timing"

"I gotta get to class. You're so weird but I love you and if you really want to keep the baby, I'll support you"

"Thank you, Leah"

"Of course. Also, you said she and her"

"Oh yeah.....I got a blood test done to find out the gender early. It's a girl" I smile.

"Aubree! I can't wait to take her shopping" she says and hugs me. After we pull apart we go to class. As I'm walking down the hall I pass Parker and Ben making out against the lockers. I quietly laugh to myself and continue walking.