(35)

1 week later
Ben's POV

"Carson just texted me. Peggy just picked them up" Sophia says. We're hanging out in my room right now. 

"Are they coming back here?" I ask.

"Yeah" 

"Ok"

"Do you want to leave?"

"No, I wanna see Carson"

"Ok"

~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~

We hear the door open and shut. We run out to of my room and see Carson behind Peggy. 

"Hey" he smiles. Sophia runs over to him and hugs him.

"Hi" she smiles back.

"Hey, Ben" he says, the smile not fading from his face. He walks over to me and gives me a bear hug.

"Cars-Carson you're gonna break me" I say breathlessly. 

"Sorry" he laughs. We pull away and he walks with Sophia and Peggy to the living room. 

"Hi" Parker says. 

"Hi" I say, my smile falling.

"How are you?"

"Good, you?"

"Same"

"Aubree told me you got a new boyfriend?"

"Oh um yeah. Aiden Debrowski"

"My friend?"

"Yeah. We started talking a few months ago. Not 'talking' talking, you know, because I don't do that when I'm dating someone"

"Carson told you?"

"Carson told Bree. Bree told me"

"I'm sorry"

"I trusted you. More than I should've"

"I know"

"I guess what they say is true"

"Hm?"

"Some people never change"

"What are you talking about?"

"You've been hurting me since I was 13. I don't know why I thought you changed"

"I did"

"No, you didn't. You just changed the way you did it"

"I didn't want it to happen"

"Really?" I scoff.

"I got a little drunk and my friend came over" he says.

"Classic"

"What?"

"I got drunk. It's a classic excuse"

"You don't believe me"

"I believe you. You didn't expect me to forgive you, did you?"

"No"

"Good because it'll take awhile for that. Maybe a few months. I'll never trust you though. Trust means a lot more than forgiveness"

"I really am sorry"

"Good" I say and go to the living room.

~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~

It's the next day. The day Aubree's C-Section is scheduled. I wasn't really paying attention but I think she said something was too small. I don't know. Peggy drives us to the hospital. Sophia, Zoey, and I are in the middle, Carson and Parker are in the back, and Aubree is riding passenger seat. Her mom won't be back from Hawaii for another few weeks. Bitch. 

"Ready?" I ask Aubree.

"Yep" she says nervously.

"You're situation is complicated" Zoey says.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Carson is your ex-bully and brother who is best friends with your ex-boyfriend, his best friend is his brothers ex-boyfriend and his current possible girlfriends baby daddy and ex-boyfriend. Sophia's just chillin and watching everything go down" she explains. I admit, I got a little lost.

"True" Soph laughs.

"Oh and everyone thought Ben was going to be the twins step-dad but now nobody really knows what's going on with that. Is he gonna be Uncle Ben? Is he just a family friend? Are birthdays gonna be super awkward? Are they gonna get back together and Ben will eventually be their step-dad?" she asks.

"No" I say as soon as she says the last part.

"Uncle Ben. It's cute" Aubree says.

"Ben, I have a question" Zoey says.

"Shoot" I say.

"You told me that Parker wasn't like Tomas-"

"I am nothing like that trash" Parker snarls.

"He's nothing like Tomas, Zo. Yes, he hurt me but not in the same way Tomas did" I say.

"You never screamed and shattered your phone screen because of Tomas" she says crossing her arms.

"Zoey!"

"What? Oh....was Parker not supposed to know about that part?"

"No, he wasn't"

"Sorry"

"You need to learn how to keep your mouth shut"

"We're here" Peggy says.