Chapter 18

Jasmine

I rolled over in bed and pushed up my sleeping mask. It was Sunday morning and I was off work. I'd had a good night's sleep, which didn't happen very often so I was rested and had more energy than I normally did. Feeling hospitable I sent out a group text to Zeke, Angela, Caleb, and Josh.

Me: Good morning everyone! Anyone down for brunch at my place?

I placed my phone on my nightstand while I went to brush my teeth and shower. It was still a little early so I wasn't expecting any responses yet. When I came out of my bathroom wrapped in a towel I grabbed my phone and saw I had several texts.

Zeke 😍😍😘😘❤️❤️: You know I'll be there. Just let me know what time.

Caleb: Free food?!! Hellz yeah baby!

Zeke😍😍😘😘❤️❤️: Don't call her baby! 😡

Caleb: Chill big bro ✋🏼 You know I didn't mean it like that 🙄

Josh: Thank you for the invite Jasmine. I'll be there too.

I had been smiling and giggling while I read the guys' messages, but Angela's was surprising.

Bestie 👯‍♀️💁🏽‍♀️💜: Hey Jas, I'm working overtime today. I picked up a shift. I'll come by another day.

Angela never worked overtime. She said that her beauty rest days were sacred. Something was wrong. After I sent out a time for the guys to come by and got dressed, I decided to call her. She didn't answer and that concerned me. I texted her.

Me: Hey girl, you ok? You NEVER work OT! 😨

As I waited for her reply I headed to the kitchen to start cooking. With all three of the guys coming I knew I needed to cook enough food to feed an army. By the time I pulled out everything I needed my phone buzzed, alerting me that I had another message.

Bestie 👯‍♀️💁🏽‍♀️💜: Sorry girl, didn't hear my phone. I'm good, don't worry about me!

I frowned. That message didn't erase any of my worry. Something was up for sure.

Me: How was your date with Caleb? 😏

The little bubbles popped up, showing Angela was typing. A minute later her response showed.

Bestie 👯‍♀️💁🏽‍♀️💜: It wasn't a real date, but it was cool. Caleb didn't completely ruin the day so I guess you could say it was a success 🙄

That didn't tell me much but I had no choice but to get the details the next time I saw her.

Me: Call me later! I wanna know EVERYTHING! 😜

Bestie 👯‍♀️💁🏽‍♀️💜: Girl bye! There's nothing to tell! Love ya! Gotta go now 😩

Me: Sure 🙄 Love you too! Don't forget to smile for all your patients today!

-----

Two hours later I was opening my door to the Bryant men. My eyes sought out Zeke first. He was giving me that breathtaking smile of his. I returned with a smile of my own before greeting his brothers.

"Come in guys!" I welcomed them and opened the door further.

Zeek sauntered in first, followed by Josh and Caleb.

As Caleb passed me I hissed, "I need to talk to you!"

He appeared bewildered by my attack.

"What did I do?"