Chapter 31

*Some of this chapter refers to sexual assault*

Zeke

I had an urge to go see Jasmine at the hospital today, even before she'd called me, but after what she told me about Sean I knew I'd made the right decision to go to her. After the things she told me, I wanted nothing more than to tightly wrap her up in my arms. Well, that and to have a taste of her tempting lips if she'd let me. She was becoming more comfortable with me and I didn't take that lightly. To know that she'd permitted no man to touch her before me revealed to me how much she trusted me.

Glancing at my watch to check the time I decided to go into Midwestern to see Jasmine. I knew she had two officers assigned to her, but I wanted to see that she was ok for myself. I wouldn't feel completely at ease until that motherfucker was behind bars. I wasn't scared for myself, only Jasmine. She had become important to me. I loved her so much, I didn't know what I'd do if anything happened to her. I would probably go back to that dark place and never find my way out again.

I wasn't cocky enough to boast that I could easily catch him. Look how long he had already evaded me. I would not lose another person I loved. Because of my paranoia I found myself sitting in my truck in the parking structure at Jasmine's job. Quickly, I unbuckled my seat belt and headed inside. Feeling uneasy I took the stairs while calling officer Jacobs. He answered on the third ring sounding out of breath. I didn't like what that meant. Something was wrong.

"Jacobs," he roughly spoke into the phone.

Now running up the stairs I barked, "What the fuck is goin on?"

"A man matching the description of Brentworth was seen wandering on the security cameras on the fourth floor. I'm heading to check the lead now!" He rushed out.

That didn't make any sense. Jasmine worked on the third floor.

"Where's Reed?" I asked about the other officer assigned to be with Jasmine.

"He's still on the third floor," Jacobs responded.

I felt some relief hearing they hadn't both left Jasmine. If they'd left her unprotected I'd kill them both, regardless of my badge.

"I've got a team of the hospital's security with me," he continued.

"Good. I'm going to check In with Reed. Call me once you've caught him," I ordered and hung up.

I reached Jasmine's floor at the same time my call to Reed went to voicemail. He was my only link to Jasmine right now so that alarmed me. I scanned the hallways and saw no sign of her. Instead, I found Maria, the charge nurse.

Sprinting to her I called out, "Maria! Have you seen Jasmine?"

Her head whipped toward me when I called her name. Frowning, she slowly shook her head.

"I...I haven't seen her since she took her break. She should have been back a few minutes ago."

Without another word I raced to the break room. Faintly I heard Maria call out behind me, "Is everything alright?"

Frantically I pulled on the door handle and found it locked.

"Fuck!" I cursed loudly. Banging on the door I shouted, "Jasmine! Jasmine! Honey, are you in there?" I couldn't hear anything happening on the other side of the door. "Fucking answer me Jasmine!" I demanded.

"Hey!" I yelled loudly to get the attention of the staff near me. "I need someone to open this door now!"

"I'll get Maria!" I heard someone reply and then run off.