CHAPTER SEVEN

07 | maximoff.

SEVERAL CARS CAME FALLING DOWN ON TONY, seemingly crashing him down. Nova watched with wide eyes as she spoke into her communicator, "Mr. Stark, are you okay?"

"I'm fine," Tony gasped out. Nova sighed in relief and ran towards his spot. She went to look at Clint and Wanda, only to realize that the two had already escaped. "Go check on Spider-boy?"

Nova sighed and did as told. Her mind tried to process where she last saw Peter, but she could only see the image of Peter flying out of a window in her mind. She saw that Captain America had the Winter Soldier, Wanda, Falcon, Ant Man and Hawkeye as they ran for escape. Before they could reach the quinjet they were after, Vision appeared on top of them and used the mind stone to launch a blast infront of them and stop them from continuing. Nova watched as Peter, Iron Man, Black Panther, War Machine, Black Widow, and Peter regrouped in front of Steve's team. She soon appeared beside them in milliseconds.

"Captain Rogers. I know you belive what you're doing is right.. But for the collective good, you must surrender now." Vision stated in a threatening tone.

"What do we do, Cap?" Swift heard Falcon ask Captain America.

Nova grimaced at his answer. "We fight."

Steve and Tony gave each other a hard look. Until Steve nodded to his teammates, who started running.

"They're not stopping." Nova said, alarmed that she was going to engage in a battle with the Avengers. Peter's hum of approval was heard through the communicator. Tony clicked his tounge in response. "Neither are we."

The moment that Iron Man's fist collided with Captain America's sheild, Nova knew that there was no stopping what was about to happen.

Wanda Maximoff used her powers to to throw several cars at Peter, who gradually avoided all of the incoming cars. Nova cracked her knuckles and sped towards Wanda, causing the long haired woman to fall. Wanda was quick to get on her knees, though. As soon as she regained balance, a ball of red mist was thrown at Nova's direction, who luckily outrun it.

Nova looked around, trying to find someone to help. She spotted Clint and Natasha choking each other on the pavement, causing her to run at Clint and snatch his bow and arrows.

"What the hell—" the man fused when he saw Nova a few feet away from him, holding his signature weapon and having a sneaky smirk plastered on her face. "Give that back," Clint threatened. Nova raised her eyebrows when she heard this, and ran towards the most secluded area of the airport, hiding the weapon of the man.

Going back, Nova ran into Captain America and her friend. She tried to contain her laughter when the world was in slow motion, and Captain America's jaw was shaped weirdly. This wasn't the best time to take notice of this, but the brunette couldn't help herself.

Closing her eyes, Nova concentrated again. The moment her eyes opened, the world was back at it's normal pace again. Steve and Peter were exchanging a few dialogues, Clint was looking for his bow, and was holding his head (probably because of Black Widow) , Tony was battling in the field, and Ant-Man was not seen, (presumably because he was small again), and Captain America still hasn't noticed that the other teenager was lurking beside him.

"Look, kid. There's a lot going on that you don't understand."

"Mr. Stark said you'd say that. Wow." Spider-Man said and shot webbing at him. He used it to knock Cap down and throw him into the back of the truck.

"He also said to go for your legs." Peter stated and shot webbing at the mans legs, but unfortunately, Captain America countered his attack. Peter shot more webbing at the man, and trapped his hands with his back to the older man. Peter soon gave Nova a look screaming 'why aren't you helping?'.